Loaded up my first hammers this evening

I've had good luck with compressed loads as well but I've ran into issues if there's a lot of jump and I like to seat the hammers in a ways so I've steered towards faster powders. Definitely just throwing it out there as they're a buck a piece. I'm amazed at the accuracy I've gotten with them even at distance in 4 different cartridges and 7 different rifles. I noticed them in my kestrel library the other day. Apologize if it's old news I haven't been on the internet for a while. I was noticing something's off with the .284 selection while researching to help a friend with a load. Was also curious how close they match in real world. I've been making a tape turret out to 545 yds. This has all been for friends rifles and seems to get the job done really well so far. Sorry for the ramble, coffee
Confirm your drops in your rifle. Every rifle and scope combo can have different results.

I do still care about bc, it's not just a matter of highest muzzle velocity. Hammer does make a 67 grain shock hammer. Might go a tad faster. Won't stay faster for any distance at all. And I do yhink the 124 or 137 in your RUM makes a lot more sense than the 101 FOR FLAT TRAJECTORY. yeah some would say their all impractical but the point of these loads for me is maximum point blank and hold on hair range and emphatic "poleaxe" killing via extreme velocity within that range. I think your 124 would actually have a greater hold on hair allowance and mpbr and kill more emphatically at 400 yards.

Same reason I went with the 120 Barnes tac tx and not the 110 in my .300 win load. It actually ends up shooting flatter.

Fair. I personally doubt it'll make it
To 88 before pressure.

But my most accurate .300 Winnie load is a 225 eld m that compresses 79 grains of 8133 so hard you can hear the powder crunching
Every Hammer I load is compressed and I've had no problems, I have a concentricity gage but I have no idea where it's at, it's one of those tool that I thought I had to have but I didn't

Recent Posts