Loaded up my first hammers this evening

Calvin45

Got my first round of test cartridges loaded up with my first ever hammer bullets tonight.

@HammerBullets @RockyMtnMT

257 wby. 75 grain hammer hunter. Treated with hexagonal boron nitride.

I'm starting with superformance. I have h4350 and h4831 to try too if this isn't the one.

Loaded up 18 cartridges in one grain increments kind of going blind so using a broad range to figure it out.

Lowest charge is 71 grains, highest is 88 compressed. Yes, superformance is a real dense ball powder and you can fit 88 grains into a .257 wby no problem.

Seated to the top groove and crimped as per @ButterBean instruction. Fed 215M primers.

Let's go!!!

@GLTaylor I'll keep ya posted for data once I actually get to shoot these.

@scope-eye my fellow speed freak I haven't heard from ya in a while, you doin okay?

I'd be hesitant on compressing.I've ran into bullet concentricity problems sometimes. Just something to consider
Fair. I personally doubt it'll make it
To 88 before pressure.

But my most accurate .300 Winnie load is a 225 eld m that compresses 79 grains of 8133 so hard you can hear the powder crunching

I've had good luck with compressed loads as well but I've ran into issues if there's a lot of jump and I like to seat the hammers in a ways so I've steered towards faster powders. Definitely just throwing it out there as they're a buck a piece. I'm amazed at the accuracy I've gotten with them even at distance in 4 different cartridges and 7 different rifles. I noticed them in my kestrel library the other day. Apologize if it's old news I haven't been on the internet for a while. I was noticing something's off with the .284 selection while researching to help a friend with a load. Was also curious how close they match in real world. I've been making a tape turret out to 545 yds. This has all been for friends rifles and seems to get the job done really well so far. Sorry for the ramble, coffee

I believe I used imr 4955 in my brothers 25-06 with the 90 absolutes with impressive results. Sorry to hear the enduron lineup will be discontinued. I have some target loads with 8133 as well

Got my first round of test cartridges loaded up with my first ever hammer bullets tonight.

@HammerBullets @RockyMtnMT

257 wby. 75 grain hammer hunter. Treated with hexagonal boron nitride.

I'm starting with superformance. I have h4350 and h4831 to try too if this isn't the one.

Loaded up 18 cartridges in one grain increments kind of going blind so using a broad range to figure it out.

Lowest charge is 71 grains, highest is 88 compressed. Yes, superformance is a real dense ball powder and you can fit 88 grains into a .257 wby no problem.

Seated to the top groove and crimped as per @ButterBean instruction. Fed 215M primers.

Let's go!!!

@GLTaylor I'll keep ya posted for data once I actually get to shoot these.

@scope-eye my fellow speed freak I haven't heard from ya in a while, you doin okay?
If you don't get over 4000 fps , you need too change something the 75 gr should be around 4200 fps when loaded too it's potential IMO be careful and good luck keep us posted