First Hammers

What do you think about that 65.6- 66.2 range? Think that's worth a look at groups? Not the fastest but sure is consistent.
For a lower node, I bet that would be really good. I'd work up in 0.2gr increments from 65.5-66.3 and see how wide the node is I find they are usually 0.4-0.8gr in size. Then take the middle of those numbers if they look good and load up 10 (5 for velocity check and 5 for grouping).
I think you can still go higher with MagPro. I think your node will be around 3260 fps.

Your numbers look good around 3260 fps with RL22 from what I can see, although I don't see your charge weight numbers. My final load in my 280AI with the 143 is 3260 fps in a 24" barrel with 1:9 twist.

For a lower node, I bet that would be really good. I'd work up in 0.2gr increments from 65.5-66.3 and see how wide the node is I find they are usually 0.4-0.8gr in size. Then take the middle of those numbers if they look good and load up 10 (5 for velocity check and 5 for grouping).
I think you can still go higher with MagPro. I think your node will be around 3260 fps.

Your numbers look good around 3260 fps with RL22 from what I can see, although I don't see your charge weight numbers. My final load in my 280AI with the 143 is 3260 fps in a 24" barrel with 1:9 twist.
This a 26" 1:9 twist. The only thing I don't like about it is it shows no pressure at all then boom blows a primer. Like it all hits at once, no early warning signs. It did that with conventional bullets as well. I had already planned to take the magpro on up. It would be great if I can find a load with it cuz I have 16 lbs of the stuff.

Attachments

• 16210349280253721491104439889566.jpg
    16210349280253721491104439889566.jpg
    967 KB · Views: 49

Do you happen to remember how far you were off the lands with the 143s?

This a 26" 1:9 twist. The only thing I don't like about it is it shows no pressure at all then boom blows a primer. Like it all hits at once, no early warning signs. It did that with conventional bullets as well. I had already planned to take the magpro on up. It would be great if I can find a load with it cuz I have 16 lbs of the stuff.
I think you're close to finding pressure. You'll hit pressure right around the same velocity as you did with RL22.

Do you happen to remember how far you were off the lands with the 143s?
No, I don't remember how far off the lands I was with the 143's. I always set my seating depth for best concentricity. The bullet boat tail/body junction is set to the brass neck/shoulder junction. As long as this fits my magazine and isn't jammed into the lands, I go with this on all my rifles.

No, I don't remember how far off the lands I was with the 143's. I always set my seating depth for best concentricity. The bullet boat tail/body junction is set to the brass neck/shoulder junction. As long as this fits my magazine and isn't jammed into the lands, I go with this on all my rifles.
I try to get as close to the same and where one of the pressure grooves falls on the case mouth for my crimp. I'm .025 off the lands with this one.

This Christensen is driving me nuts. Velocity node with Re22 produced an avg vel of 3,279 with an ES of 21 and SD of 9. 5 shot group meaured 1.102" @ 100yds. I feel like this rifle should produce better accuracy. Are my expectations unreasonable?

I'd put the chron down and load 3, .2 shot groups for accuracy. Then I'd chrono for rough click data. If you're getting accurate powder charges and consistent neck tension, you will be fine

Recent Posts