Started Loading My Hammers Today !

Usmcinfantry1988

So as some of you know I got some hammers in for the first time ever I got the 7mm 130 AH and the 131 HH. loading them for 7MMWSM and 280 REM. after much advice from some guys here and over at the hammer forum I believe I have some loads worked up for these things , just posting here before I shoot them tomorrow to see if anybody with hammer experience thinks I might have screwed the pooch on any of these. tell me what u think guys ! with the hammer hunters i started at max load for a 140 gr bullet in each powder and worked up from there and for the absolute hammers i started with max load of 130gr bullet and worked up from there.

280REM as follows all loaded in RP brass with CCI LRP Light Crimp with LEE Factory Crimp Die
130 gr Absolute Hammer 55gr imr4350 3.340 OAL
56gr
57 gr

7MMWSM as follows all loaded in winchester virgin with CCI LRMP Light Crimp with LEE Factory Crimp Die
131 gr Hammer Hunter RL19 68.5 3" OAL

IMR4350 64gr 3" OAL
65 gr
66 gr

130 Absolute Hammer H4831SC 66gr 3" OAL
67gr
68 gr
69 gr
70 gr

IMR4350 63gr 3" OAL
64gr
65 gr

What bullet for the creed?
I'm shooting the 124 currently with great accuracy. Have my 123 absolute here just no time to play. Gonna try those with some rl15.
I'm not at home right now, but I know I tried the 124's and one other that I can't remember. I'm sure it's a powder issue as my supply is running low and I had to use whatever I had. last week 20 lbs showed up at the house, so I have some others to try out. Haven't tried magnum primers yet as some folks have noted great accuracy using them. The gun did print good groups with reduced loads like 1/2 MOA for 5 shots with various bullets. I wasn't expecting much from a $239 Savage Axis, but now I had proof. AS I increase the loads, the groups grew to 1 MOA which is what I'm getting with the Hammers.

I had a 300 WSM semi custom made by Mark Brown that wouldn't print under 1 MOA until it had over 100 rounds thru it. When it had nearly 250 rounds, groups had shrunk to less than 1/2 MOA.

Back from the range , first time shooting the hammers ! Man … I'm truly impressed !!! My 7mmWSM shoots them like a laser beam , I need to push the absolute hammers a little harder I didn't get velocity as high as I thought I would but didn't hit pressure with what I had loaded so I gotta try again there , however the hammer hunter was the real winner today man that thing truly is an awesome bullet , can't wait to see how it does game , I got it running 3300 fps with IMR4350 and no pressure signs , I'm placing an order for more right now ! Do you guys have any experience with the 7mm 131 hammer hunter ? Do u think 3300 is fast enough or should I be searching for more velocity than that ? They sure do shoot awesome at 3300 !

I had great velocity in my .280 rem but terribly accuracy , I changed scopes a few days ago and tried to sight it in today however I think the scope I put on it is jacked up it's all over the place gonna change scopes and try again with this rifle ! I know it's not the hammers that's the problem it's just too all over the place !

Back from the range , first time shooting the hammers ! Man … I'm truly impressed !!! My 7mmWSM shoots them like a laser beam , I need to push the absolute hammers a little harder I didn't get velocity as high as I thought I would but didn't hit pressure with what I had loaded so I gotta try again there , however the hammer hunter was the real winner today man that thing truly is an awesome bullet , can't wait to see how it does game , I got it running 3300 fps with IMR4350 and no pressure signs , I'm placing an order for more right now ! Do you guys have any experience with the 7mm 131 hammer hunter ? Do u think 3300 is fast enough or should I be searching for more velocity than that ? They sure do shoot awesome at 3300 !
Excellent! 3300 with 131? Man, I wouldn't mess with a good thing. Especially right out the gate you'll save lots of components. My 131 HH in a 7-08 are printing good too, but at 2950fps. Did you seat them tight in the necks?

I used a Redding bushing neck die to size the neck down to .311 which after my math put 2 thousands neck tension on the bullet then I crimped with Lee factory crimp die a moderate crimp , not light but not heavy just a good solid moderate crimp , worked like a champ , was actually impressed with the es/sd as well ! I think I'm going to leave it right like it is !