Getting Started Re-Loading

Fellas, I have 5 boxes of Nosler factory 28 Nosler ammo loaded with the 150 grain E-Tips. My rifle (MRC X3) shoots the 160 AB`s and 175 ABLR pretty well but will not shoot these E-Tips under 2.5". Is there any reason why I can`t pull these bullets and use the primed cases? I`m new to this but it seems like an easy fix.

Fellas, I have 5 boxes of Nosler factory 28 Nosler ammo loaded with the 150 grain E-Tips. My rifle (MRC X3) shoots the 160 AB`s and 175 ABLR pretty well but will not shoot these E-Tips under 2.5". Is there any reason why I can`t pull these bullets and use the primed cases? I`m new to this but it seems like an easy fix.
You can pull 'em and you should run the brass in the resizing die, to restore neck tension, by removing the decapping pin.

I started reloading earlier this year also. I bought the majority of stuff through midway when RCBS was offering the rebate program. I followed the guidelines to receive as much back as possible. Several different purchases to maximize rebate. All in all I spent about 750 through 3 purchases. Got back about 250(i think, but probably more)on a Visa rebate card. Send them in separately under different names-emails.
I started with the rockchucker press, and their nice digital powder dispenser, tumbler with media, Case trimmer, dies, champfer tools etc etc...
Once you get started and see the difference in accuracy, you'll need some other things as well. Stuck case remover for me!. Later on down the road it was hornady comparator and head space tools to start loading to olive length.
Next up are a set of nice dies with micrometers to bump shoulders and fine tune. It's time consuming which I don't have a lot of extra to spend, but way better accuracy and at least I'm not spending 70 bucks on a box of shells anymore! I figured I'll break even in 12 to 18 months for my main hunting cartridge. The others are now for fun and because I can!!
One more thing- don't cheap out and get the kit! buy cheap, buy twice.

I started reloading earlier this year also. I bought the majority of stuff through midway when RCBS was offering the rebate program. I followed the guidelines to receive as much back as possible. Several different purchases to maximize rebate. All in all I spent about 750 through 3 purchases. Got back about 250(i think, but probably more)on a Visa rebate card. Send them in separately under different names-emails.
I started with the rockchucker press, and their nice digital powder dispenser, tumbler with media, Case trimmer, dies, champfer tools etc etc...
Once you get started and see the difference in accuracy, you'll need some other things as well. Stuck case remover for me!. Later on down the road it was hornady comparator and head space tools to start loading to olive length.
Next up are a set of nice dies with micrometers to bump shoulders and fine tune. It's time consuming which I don't have a lot of extra to spend, but way better accuracy and at least I'm not spending 70 bucks on a box of shells anymore! I figured I'll break even in 12 to 18 months for my main hunting cartridge. The others are now for fun and because I can!!
Thanks got the RCBS Explorer Plus Kit and I think that'll be a good start. Thanks!

You can pull the bullets, but the neck tension will, usually go to hell. If you have a bushing neck sizer, run a .282 bushing on the necks to restore a .002" neck tension.
Thanks! I definitely would not have known that. It almost seems like I'd be better if shooting them, I just wish they weren't so all over the place. I have a 280 Remington, I was hoping they might so better in it with the 10 twist.

that start up cost isnt what you worry about, you could probably sell all of that and not be too far upside down,

its when you first find a AWESOME load for any rifle,

you will not even consider cost dupicating that for every rifle you own .. you are completely SOL , coming back from that ,

Loading to Olive length! haha. dang auto correct:/)

I got Larry Willis' gauge and think it is money well spent)
+1 For Larry Willis gauge-invaluable piece of equipment

compute all
info into a computer log
Good advice right here. Measure everything...new brass dimensions (length, web, headspace, etc..) and then measure again after firing so you can track what's going on with your brass. Keep a log-book for everything you do. It REALLY helps. Most importantly BE SAFE and HAVE FUN! ;)

You can pull the bullets, but the neck tension will, usually go to hell. If you have a bushing neck sizer, run a .282 bushing on the necks to restore a .002" neck tension.
A .282 bushing for a 28 nosler case is gonna be pretty small. .003 smaller than a loaded round is enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.