Lake city 89 match brass

gunner1stclass

Is anybody familiar with this brass and what's up with the ring around it? I ended up with about 1000 pieces of it that have been resized to 243. I'm really not sure how good it is and if it's good to use can I size it up to 7mm 08? Obviously I'm looking for cracks in the necks if I do that. I'm really more interested in the brass is a good brass or does anybody have any reviews on it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    924.3 KB · Views: 157
Is anybody familiar with this brass and what's up with the ring around it? I ended up with about 1000 pieces of it that have been resized to 243. I'm really not sure how good it is and if it's good to use can I size it up to 7mm 08? Obviously I'm looking for cracks in the necks if I do that. I'm really more interested in the brass is a good brass or does anybody have any reviews on it?
https://www.m14forum.com/threads/de...is-somewhat-weak-brass-its-good-brass.517973/

Many years ago I renecked .308 brass to .243. I had a lot of pressure problems with them until a friend told me squeezing the down that much would leave the neck too thick. I had to buy an inside neck reamer to thin the neck. After that, the brass was good to go. Do check the thickness of your necks just to make sure.

Similar experience. I reloaded and knocked down thousands of this brass to 7-08. I two bought a RCBS inside neck reamer. Still have it and use it today. It uses a Collett and reamer and brings out beautifully consistent necks.