lake city brass

First buy a Lee primer punch set to remove the primers before you try to resize the brass. This will keep from braking the pin in your FL- Die.

To remove the crimp you can either buy a crimp removal tool, (there are several out there on the market) or you can use a VLD Chamfer tool and ream the edge of the primer pockets until the crimp is removed.

Dan

been using the RCBS Crimp Removal tool for about 5 years, and it works, but you have to 'bounce' the press arm rather hard to remove the brass from the anvil.

Good luck and happy holidays,

Rick

Im using a lee classic loader so i already have the punch to remove the brass(just starting reloading). I deprimed 80 rounds last night and used the washer method to clean and polish my brass and they came out looking brand new.i used a chamfer tool i had layin in my toolbox and it worked great. Got about 30 rounds reprimed and now im takin a break for lunch. Im really impressed how well this little kit is to use and how consistant it is.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.