Lake City Match Brass

gorillamotors

Is there any difference metallurgically between LC 308 match and standard LC brass? I have about 2000 brand new LC 308 brass. I know it is new and has not been fired because the primer pocket holes (where the primer gasses go to the powder) have not been punched. I am thinking that these can be used as match grade LC brass.

Jim

Last edited:
Is there any difference metallurgically between LC 308 match and standard brass? I have about 2000 brand new LC 308 brass. I know it is new and has not been fired because the primer pocket holes (where the primer gasses go to the powder) have not been punched. I am thinking that these can be used as match grade LC brass.

Jim

The lake city brass is good brass but you must work up loads starting with less powder because the case volume is less than commercial brass and pressure are normally higher.

I used LC 68 and LC 71 in my match rifle with great accuracy and life with a very hard load
for the 308.

J E CUSTOM

JE Custom,

I meant to say "..... between LC 308 match and standard LC brass". I re-edited the initial question. I do use LC brass already I just forgot to insert the word 'standard LC brass' instead of 'standard brass'.

Jim

JE Custom,

I meant to say "..... between LC 308 match and standard LC brass". I re-edited the initial question. I do use LC brass already I just forgot to insert the word 'standard LC brass' instead of 'standard brass'.

Jim

Cant Help you there, I have never used there match brass.

I would think the metallurgy would be the same just the quality and uniformity would/should be
better.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.