Labradar help

I will be going out tomorrow with a friend who has owned a LR for about 4 yrs now. If he can get it to work 3/5 shots on my 300NMI with 5 port brake I will be surprised. I have been advised to put the unit just ahead of the action 3-4 inches and 3-4 inches to the side. Any one else have any tricks?
In front of the action? Do you mean brake?

Regardless get a $35 remote trigger and all positioning issues become irrelevant.

I held off on a LR for a long time for many of the same reasons - but at this point, with my Magneto, I'm basically shooting twice the amount of ammo to measure data. The POI shift is something I don't want to continue dealing with (and I don't want to make or purchase costly rail adapters to position off the barrel). Couple that with the fact that I don't have any ranges within 45 min of me, I decided to take the plunge and go with the LR.
👍

I bought the trigger sensor with a magnetic base. Sensitivity must be turned way down or even moving the bolt will cause the LR to trigger.
I have a 6000 ma hr USB "portable phone battery" and it seems to run the LR for a few hours. It just plugs into the front USB connector. That being said I also carry 6 AA batteries in the case.

Not rocket science to you, but there sure are a lot of LR owners posting on various Forums who can't figure out a solution to all their missed LR shots. My 2 chronos seem much easier to setup (LR software and placement) and more dependable to record all my shots and not record my neighbor's shots, not trigger, aim properly, etc, etc. Labradar appears to have a lot of headaches.
No, there are to many idiots that won't read and understand the manual. I help 3-4 every spring at the range because of user setup error.

Here is a setup I use. With a high tech aiming system. Very seldom do I have any missed shots. Then let the kids shoot off it when not in use. Use big washers on the underside so you get plastic to stiffen up. Apache harbor freight with 20%off coupon so I can save $ to buy Mono's someday. If the bench space is tight then tripod it.
eBay has plenty of options for sights. I've just never really need anything but might try since super cheap.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • 4CB5E150-CDD2-42A7-A5D7-1649C14E1C86.jpeg
    4CB5E150-CDD2-42A7-A5D7-1649C14E1C86.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Hearing that the labradar chronos are not dependable without the sensor triggers. True or false ? I have no problem getting one but which one is the preferred model ? Also, any recommendations on tripods or unit stands for use ? Cases for containment or batteries vs battery pack ? Sorry lots of questions here.
I not shoot under my Quad-Pod and I use Doppler with a recoil trigger. It still gives me hell on Bluetooth Issues no matter which phone I use.It worksd and then will just quit.The in a month or 2 it will start working.Ive tyried deleting and restarting.Everything I can think of.

Purchase ANY rechargeable battery pack and you'll save money over the LR item. I've been using a $15 Chinese thang for 5 years and not issues.

I'm not too sure about that. Some LR users had problems with various inexpensive battery packs. There may have been voltage issues. Some may have even damaged the LR unit itself. I don't know enough about battery packs, so I just decided to play it safe and by the LR branded pack.

Here is a good read:

I'm not too sure about that. Some LR users had problems with various inexpensive battery packs. There may have been voltage issues. Some may have even damaged the LR unit itself. I don't know enough about battery packs, so I just decided to play it safe and by the LR branded pack.

Here is a good read:
The LR branded battery packs are cheap. Very cheap. Can't imagine wanting a 10.00 gas station counter top battery pack for an 800.00 Labradar package. I have an 80.00 battery pack I use for a lap top and other small electronic devices that will work. I've purchase those cheap ones for my cell phone while on long off grid hunts. They are for the most part JUNK.

I got the inertia trigger and it works every time as long as the unit stays on! I am using the external battery pack and labradar could have done a better job with the connector for the usb cable, its is mickey mouse and my unit will shut off whenever it wants to and I believe that is the problem bc it stays on using regular internal batteries until they completely die. It is frustrating to have to check the unit every time you get ready to squeeze the next round and you discover the unit has shut down.

I got the inertia trigger and it works every time as long as the unit stays on! I am using the external battery pack and labradar could have done a better job with the connector for the usb cable, its is mickey mouse and my unit will shut off whenever it wants to and I believe that is the problem bc it stays on using regular internal batteries until they completely die. It is frustrating to have to check the unit every time you get ready to squeeze the next round and you discover the unit has shut down.
So buying an improved cord is a good idea ? I have several good micro plug cords to replace the factory one