Labradar help

Hearing that the labradar chronos are not dependable without the sensor triggers. True or false ? I have no problem getting one but which one is the preferred model ? Also, any recommendations on tripods or unit stands for use ? Cases for containment or batteries vs battery pack ? Sorry lots of questions here.
The Labradar is a precision piece of equipment. That being said, it errors frequently with my suppressed rifles. It is sensitive to supressor concusive energy and residual range noise. Any vibration or inadvertent movement can easily change point of aim... ERROR again. You could, or will spend hundreds of dollars to buy specialty tripods or air triggers. If I had to choose again, I'd opt for the excellent MagnetoSpeed, instead of the Labradar.

The Labradar is a precision piece of equipment. That being said, it errors frequently with my suppressed rifles. It is sensitive to supressor concusive energy and residual range noise. Any vibration or inadvertent movement can easily change point of aim... ERROR again. You could, or will spend hundreds of dollars to buy specialty tripods or air triggers. If I had to choose again, I'd opt for the excellent MagnetoSpeed, instead of the Labradar.
Have one. Only works on long guns. If I only shot long guns, I wouldn't be here asking. Arrows and pistols won't function with the MS unit in my case. I have the unit but just curious about what's needed to make them run the best. I certainly have heard testimony like yours about the LR units.

I used my Labradar for about a year without an external trigger and dropped a few shots. So I bought the external trigger and have not dropped a shot since. I thinks it's a worthwhile accessory. My one complaint about it is that it comes with two velcro dots with adhesive back, and I shoot more than two rifles. When I peeled the velcro dot off one rifle and stuck it to another, it wouldn't stay on the rifle. I'd like to find another way to affix the trigger to the rifle.

I use a regular camera tripod set beside the bench to hold the Labradar. It's a light-duty tripod and works without issues. I set it up so the unit is about 6" to the side and about 2" behind the muzzle.

For batteries, I have been using a set of rechargeable AA batteries. You need to remember to take them out after each session and put them in the charger when you get home, but I have managed to do that without issues. A single battery pack would probably be preferable, but I had the batteries anyway (for a walkie-talkie, I think), so I used them.
I have the JKL trigger and never miss a shot. I put a large rubber band on the bell of all my scopes and slip the trigger under. quick and easy.

PH

I put mine on a primos shooting stick, the trigger activated shooting stick/tripod. Very easy to get it leveled and aimed. I put a small piece of metallic tubing in the V on top of the unit to help with the aiming, if others have a better system for aiming I'd like to learn about it.
This is the sight I bought and use. I mount my labradar to my all around manfrotto tripod and use the JKL trigger so i don't have to mess around with positioning pefectly next to the rifle. Just make sure it is aimed correctly. The only time I miss a shot is if I forget to arm it.

PH

Again, a $35 intertia trigger solves all of the perceived problems mentioned here.

And Magnetospeed IMO brings its own set of issues that are pricey to resolve and doesn't provide near the information the LR can.