LabRadar HELP

Johnny Boy

I received my labradar today. I'm in my living and went thru all the preferences and put it on a stand. My arm time is 300 seconds. When I arm the radar the light turns orange for a few seconds and then starts blinking orange. The screen says Acquisition error, could not track the projectile and then it records multiple shots on its own. The radar has recorded over 90 shots. I am using the power cord that came with the radar and plugged it straight into an outlet. I also tried it with a 50% battery pack and still same issue. Did I get a faulty product? Anyone experience this before?

I received my labradar today. I'm in my living and went thru all the preferences and put it on a stand. My arm time is 300 seconds. When I arm the radar the light turns orange for a few seconds and then starts blinking orange. The screen says Acquisition error, could not track the projectile and then it records multiple shots on its own. The radar has recorded over 90 shots. I am using the power cord that came with the radar and plugged it straight into an outlet. I also tried it with a 50% battery pack and still same issue. Did I get a faulty product? Anyone experience this before?
WOW, you went through 90 shots in your first outing? Most of the time, it is your set-up in relation to the sensor. We all went through this learning curve. Get yourself an after-market trigger for it. Do a search/check out the similar threads below.

Sounds like you have the trigger source set to 'Doppler'. Set it to 'Trigger'.

If using an external battery pack make sure it is charged up.

I know if you use a non-approved power source It voids the warranty-- over heard of several guys using battery packs that aren't approved that mess up the lr unit and labradar has said they won't fix the unit if it's the wrong voltage/amps for power input

WOW, you went through 90 shots in your first outing? Most of the time, it is your set-up in relation to the sensor. We all went through this learning curve. Get yourself an after-market trigger for it. Do a search/check out the similar threads below.
No, I haven't gone to the range yet. I was in my living just fiddling with the radar. I went thru the settings, put it on a stand, pointed it at a wall that was 15 yards away, armed it. The orange light comes on solid for a few seconds and then it starts to blink. It is recording shots on its own in my living room. In settings I have it set with to use doppler and arm time of 300 seconds. I tried the trigger setting and no blinking orange light when armed. Looks like doppler setting is the only setting that is giving me the blinking orange light when armed.

I have the JKL trigger. I haven't gone to the range yet. Just received the radar and trigger yesterday.

Last edited:
It's probably a trigger setting. Make sure it's not set to Doppler and turn down the sensitivity.
I tried trigger setting and no more blinking orange light when armed. I noticed that doppler setting gives me the blinking light after a few seconds of arming it. I have my arm time set to 300s so I know it shouldn't blink a few seconds after arming it.

No, I haven't gone to the range yet. I was in my living just fiddling with the radar. I went thru the settings, put it on a stand, pointed it at a wall that was 15 yards away, armed it. The orange light comes on solid for a few seconds and then it starts to blink. It is recording shots on its own in my living room. In settings I have it set with to use doppler and arm time of 300 seconds. I tried the trigger setting and no blinking orange light when armed. Looks like doppler setting is the only setting that is giving me the blinking orange light when armed.
Doppler setting won't work for shooting, it could be tracking anything that's moving, or not moving for that matter.
Turn it to trigger so it uses the mic.

I have always kept mine on Doppler and trigger Level 1. Missed ten .223 shots. Looking at the manual for large projectiles traveling slow speed only. Hmmm. I will be switching to trigger source- trigger next round out.level one is most sensitive, recommend unless others were shooting besides you? I also only use the LR. Battery pack. Muzzle brakes cause some issues picking up shots.

Unless LabRadar has a built in AC adapter I'm not aware of, I would say you fried it by connecting it directly to the outlet.