Labradar help

There was another thread about the LR and must have accessories - these magnetic charging cords were mentioned and they are pretty nice.

Amazon product ASIN B07RHVNFQ6

I now use the magnetic cables. I got the cables with ends that swivel and pivot from Amazon. They work great and I use them for all sorts of things, like recharging the LabRadar ext battery or my barrel cooler (actually a rechargeable mattress inflater). No ore fiddling with those ridiculous mico-usb or similar connectors.

I now use the magnetic cables. I got the cables with ends that swivel and pivot from Amazon. They work great and I use them for all sorts of things, like recharging the LabRadar ext battery or my barrel cooler (actually a rechargeable mattress inflater). No ore fiddling with those ridiculous mico-usb or similar connectors.
Does the magnetic cables stay out and not fall off easily ?

So the pad is laying against the side of the scopes objective ?

Another poster told me that he merely wraps the JLK wire around his scope. Just for laughs, I tried it and it works. I've used the magnet which works well too. Now my JLK is collecting dust but I can see scenarios where it might be needed.

This is the sight I bought and use. I mount my labradar to my all around manfrotto tripod and use the JKL trigger so i don't have to mess around with positioning pefectly next to the rifle. Just make sure it is aimed correctly. The only time I miss a shot is if I forget to arm it.

PH
Ahahahaha - I've only done this 100 times. I get distracted and don't notice when the orange "armed" light goes out. I guess it's a battery saver feature. Not a big deal if you stay awake. LOL

I have had one now for about five years or so and it has worked great, no issues. Every once in awhile it misses a shot but I reset it and make sure it is aimed correctly and it works like a charm. I ahve read lots of bad reviews on these, maybe I just got lucky but I think if you set them up according to the manufacturers instructions they work pretty darn good.

I have had one now for about five years or so and it has worked great, no issues. Every once in awhile it misses a shot but I reset it and make sure it is aimed correctly and it works like a charm. I ahve read lots of bad reviews on these, maybe I just got lucky but I think if you set them up according to the manufacturers instructions they work pretty darn good.
This is exactly what I mean. There are plenty of reviews like yours as well.

The only thing I would add is when setting the unit up on a tripod, be careful of the wind. That big square unit acts like a sail. A gust of wind can very easily blow your whole expensive unit right over. Tall tripods are the worst. Hang a weight under the tripod.
Good luck on the Labradar lottery. Hope you get lucky on which side of the 50% draw. Mine has been great so far.

The only thing I would add is when setting the unit up on a tripod, be careful of the wind. That big square unit acts like a sail. A gust of wind can very easily blow your whole expensive unit right over. Tall tripods are the worst. Hang a weight under the tripod.
Good luck on the Labradar lottery. Hope you get lucky on which side of the 50% draw. Mine has been great so far.
I have some small sand bags perfect to lay over all three tripod legs. I'll have them on range days

Revolting peasant wrote: "The only thing I would add is when setting the unit up on a tripod, be careful of the wind. That big square unit acts like a sail. A gust of wind can very easily blow your whole expensive unit right over. Tall tripods are the worst. Hang a weight under the tripod."

I don't have to worry about that where I shoot -- the wind is ALWAYS a crosswind, so it blows against the thin side of the Labradar. Sucks for shooting, but at least it doesn't blow my Labradar over.

Revolting peasant wrote: "The only thing I would add is when setting the unit up on a tripod, be careful of the wind. That big square unit acts like a sail. A gust of wind can very easily blow your whole expensive unit right over. Tall tripods are the worst. Hang a weight under the tripod."

I don't have to worry about that where I shoot -- the wind is ALWAYS a crosswind, so it blows against the thin side of the Labradar. Sucks for shooting, but at least it doesn't blow my Labradar over.
Just the opposite at my range. Range runs east and west so does most of the wind. Luckily it's fully wooded around the range so very little wind hits the benches