Labradar help

VLD Pilot

Hearing that the labradar chronos are not dependable without the sensor triggers. True or false ? I have no problem getting one but which one is the preferred model ? Also, any recommendations on tripods or unit stands for use ? Cases for containment or batteries vs battery pack ? Sorry lots of questions here.

I have one that I have used for a year now. When I first used it I had some trouble getting the shots picked up. I read that you need to aim it at the target some what accurately and have it close to the rifle . Ever since I have made those couple changes its worked fine. I shoot a 7 Rem Mag and 223 so they are both fairly loud rifles and trigger the unit. You can get a regular bipod and adapter plate or use what comes with it. I bought the case but it is a little smaller than I would have preferred.

I have one that I have used for a year now. When I first used it I had some trouble getting the shots picked up. I read that you need to aim it at the target some what accurately and have it close to the rifle . Ever since I have made those couple changes its worked fine. I shoot a 7 Rem Mag and 223 so they are both fairly loud rifles and trigger the unit. You can get a regular bipod and adapter plate or use what comes with it. I bought the case but it is a little smaller than I would have preferred.
The unit did not come with a stand or plate. I have several tripods but curious if a table top tripod is best since the unit sits so close to the rifle ?

Here's my experience:

About 2 years ago I grabbed a LabRadar and sold my cumbersome Oehler 35P. I bought what I believed were the essential accessories. I got a mini-tripod, LabRadar's ext battery, inertia trigger, McDonald's straw and an Apache rigid case.

There was a brief learning curve where I fooled around with the multitude of settings and the various positioning of the unit. I missed several shots as I kept trying to adjust and learn. You need to change the set-up a little when switching from a braked rifle to a non-braked rifle. It didn't take too long to determine what works and what doesn't.

-The straw, as recommended by many owners, was unnecessary just like all the other aiming devices. The unit isn't that sensitive to aiming and a careful peer through the V notch works fine.
-The inertia trigger works fine but is totally unnecessary and I don't use it anymore
- The mini-tripod didn't work well and I found that using a regular tripod, set up next to the bench, was much better (sturdier too) and allowed me easy access to the buttons.
- The ext battery is a must and will last for several 3hr shooting sessions.
-The Apache case works perfectly and is a good buy for the money. It's deeper than needed but you can't do much about that.
-A memory card may be useful for some users, but I never bought one and never found a need for one. The unit (without a card) will still hold 100 shooting strings.

Once you get things figured out, the unit is easy to set-up and use without any issues. IMO the LabRadar is well worth the initial outlay and should provide many years of good service.
BTW - I have never updated the software and don't see a need to. Shooters who use more features will probably feel differently. And while I can control the unit from the app on my Iphone, I find it easier to just work the buttons which can easily be reached from my shooting position at the bench.

Here's my experience:

About 2 years ago I grabbed a LabRadar and sold my cumbersome Oehler 35P. I bought what I believed were the essential accessories. I got a mini-tripod, LabRadar's ext battery, inertia trigger, McDonald's straw and an Apache rigid case.

There was a brief learning curve where I fooled around with the multitude of settings and the various positioning of the unit. I missed several shots as I kept trying to adjust and learn. You need to change the set-up a little when switching from a braked rifle to a non-braked rifle. It didn't take too long to determine what works and what doesn't.

-The straw, as recommended by many owners, was unnecessary just like all the other aiming devices. The unit isn't that sensitive to aiming and a careful peer through the V notch works fine.
-The inertia trigger works fine but is totally unnecessary and I don't use it anymore
- The mini-tripod didn't work well and I found that using a regular tripod, set up next to the bench, was much better (sturdier too) and allowed me easy access to the buttons.
- The ext battery is a must and will last for several 3hr shooting sessions.
-The Apache case works perfectly and is a good buy for the money. It's deeper than needed but you can't do much about that.
-A memory card may be useful for some users, but I never bought one and never found a need for one. The unit (without a card) will still hold 100 shooting strings.

Once you get things figured out, the unit is easy to set-up and use without any issues. IMO the LabRadar is well worth the initial outlay and should provide many years of good service.
BTW - I have never updated the software and don't see a need to. Shooters who use more features will probably feel differently. And while I can control the unit from the app on my Iphone, I find it easier to just work the buttons which can easily be reached from my shooting position at the bench.
Excellent write up, Thank you.

Hearing that the labradar chronos are not dependable without the sensor triggers. True or false ? I have no problem getting one but which one is the preferred model ? Also, any recommendations on tripods or unit stands for use ? Cases for containment or batteries vs battery pack ? Sorry lots of questions here.
sensor trigger might be necessary if shooting suppressed

Been on the fence for some time now but I need to make a decision.
I don't shoot as much as most here due to heath concerns but the little I do shoot needs to be quality time and not constantly fiddling with the chrony.Thanks to all.
I bought a Caldwell G2 pro last year because I needed one for archery gear, my Magneto Speed won't work. Couldn't find any Labradar's so bought it to bridge the gap. Way cheaper in price and works great. Assembly is needed each trip out but it's easy. The labradar will now do all weapons for me.

Only time I have issues is if the thing isn't aimed properly. I've been meaning to order the sight from MK machine.
I use the tripod that Labradar sells. works decent, my complaint is the arca plate wiggles loose. I actually just found one from Gray Ops that kinda locks on with finger, that is a good soloution

Only time I have issues is if the thing isn't aimed properly. I've been meaning to order the sight from MK machine.
I use the tripod that Labradar sells. works decent, my complaint is the arca plate wiggles loose. I actually just found one from Gray Ops that kinda locks on with finger, that is a good soloution
Gray ops arcade plate cost almost half as much as my labradar did. Looks nice tho. Unless your talking about the orange 4 way adapter. 35.00