Kill the wolf?

One of the neighbors has the ranch to our west said it best a couple weeks ago. He had been hit pretty hard by wolves killing his calves and yearlings. He said "I think these wolves are getting out of control the people who live in urban areas just do not understand the pure killing instinct these wolves have, they are like transplanting a pack of serial killers into Manhattan and no one caring when they kill dozens of people every week".

I hear all sides of this. If you listen to the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, the wolves are the epitome of a threat to the whole ecosystem. Western sheep and cattle ranchers will pretty much back that up. We must maintain a balance in the population, or we stand a chance to have another animal go extinct. That cannot happen. I seriously doubt the wolves in the west, will get to the problems caused by feral hogs and coyotes in Texas.

Ranchers are only interested in their herd numbers, just like RMEF is only interested in elk numbers.
actually, we are interested in feeding the world, and making a decent living while doing so. civilized countries have always eliminated deadly predators so that agriculture could flourish, so humans could flourish. Hunting won't support much of a population. Hunter gatherers spent about half their time starving, feast or famine.

Look at the emaciated skin and bones horses all around northern Nevada and see what management by public opinion does to wildlife

Yep...came thru from there about last spring....those horse look like death on stilts......to bad they are just left to rot...if caught feeding you get a nice fine and maybe jail time.....state has gone to hell....
And now protecting wolves...well why not...drugs are running rampant thru there and i would bet 9 of 10 people are using some form because pharmacist are at their counters telling them to go to a Dr and get a medical card.....i know....thats exactly what she told me to do......i told her to eat Shiite.......

Wolves are problematic.....either eating the animals that try to remain in the mountains or chasing them into different counties then following along.....there was a wolf bounty hunt a few years ago up around Deary Idaho.....from what i was told...."the hunters weren't allowed to hunt wolves on NF lands...so the hunters had to stay on private properties"....gee...guess where the wolves were.....no wolves were killed.....
Yeah...fair is fair....the two girls back in Kansas that found the grizzly skull proved grizz was there.....ship grizz to Kansas....
Wolves living in Texas and surrounding...ship wolves there....
Polar bears starving to death..kill and transport seals and sea lions to them....all at the animal rights people's cost...no longer sportsmans funds or any other government funds.....
Wanna change the world...start inside your own state borders....dont expect the state next to you to take on your burdens.....

Alright, that's it.
#1-How many of you have seen a wolf with your own eyes? Ones in cages at the zoo or in national parks does NOT count......
#2-How many of you have hunted wolves. As in went hunting for one on purpose? Success?
#3-How many of you have seen wolves taking down prey, with your own eyes?
………..…………………………..?

Once again...if you don't live in it you will not know....
Let's just say.....maybe some of the loss of elk numbers are just displacement...meaning the elk migrate out to never return...one explanation...
Another....elk are not breeding as readily because they are being harassed constantly..by man and wolves...elk numbers have fallen...areas that once held none are now abundant....
Ranchers begging the f&g to do something about all the elk in their crop lands..but still not allowing peolle to shoot to remove some...but even so...the elk know if they go back up in the mountains the wolves will be right on them again.......the elk aren't stupid.......but there are a lot of stupid people.........
stupid is as stupid does Ms Gump!

For those in support of the wolves. I'd take a bet 99 to 1 that you live in a town or city. How about we build a fence/wall around your town/city, and introduce wolves there? Trust me, plenty of little yapper dogs and cats to survive on, for a while at least. Then what? See how YOU like having them on your property, and in your back yard. Just saying, they're not a decent animal to live around, and when you Actually have something at stake, your opinions will change.

I support a managed herd/flock/sounder/ pack of all wildlife, and I don't live in the city. Several of you fellas have attacked me like I am the anti-christ. LOL. I didn't say don't shoot them. I said don't eradicate them. Here's the deal, ranchers wiped out the wolves so they could overstock the range with cows. Then the cows ate every last bit of graze and depleted the water holes and filled the streams with B-Coli. Come on guys, management of all animals need to be practiced.

The whole reason behind wolf reintroduction is to eliminate human hunting. That is the agenda behind it. Sure without humans wolves would be needed or useful in an ecosystem. But we are past that. Humans are here and now there isn't room for both human hunting and wolves in my opinion

The whole reason behind wolf reintroduction is to eliminate human hunting. That is the agenda behind it. Sure without humans wolves would be needed or useful in an ecosystem. But we are past that. Humans are here and now there isn't room for both human hunting and wolves in my opinion
Oh give us a break. Surely you do not believe that.

Once again...if you don't live in it you will not know....
Let's just say.....maybe some of the loss of elk numbers are just displacement...meaning the elk migrate out to never return...one explanation...
Another....elk are not breeding as readily because they are being harassed constantly..by man and wolves...elk numbers have fallen...areas that once held none are now abundant....
Ranchers begging the f&g to do something about all the elk in their crop lands..but still not allowing peolle to shoot to remove some...but even so...the elk know if they go back up in the mountains the wolves will be right on them again.......the elk aren't stupid.......but there are a lot of stupid people.........
always wondered why the staes would allow more Wolves, more Cougars, and not allow control of same. Big game tag sales are down,Deer populations down in many areas. It seems they do not want people hunting but not sure why. Nature will take care of itself as it has in the past, but it is ugly at times. Balance will shift dramatically one way or the other. With proper management, the balance can be more steady and not so dramatic. Each area has it's special issues.

Rely on the F&W recommendations.
That would be fine if they weren't all becoming a bunch of tree and bunny hugging libtards. Can't speak for all but the experiences I've had with Idaho F&G and Colorado Parks and Wildlife (extensive) they don't do a lot based on science, it is what some Dir or other executive thinks is best regardless of what the true experts tell them. Recently CPW took polls on hunting seasons, most popular answers (over 60%) in several instances, CPW did exactly the opposite. I asked them if you were just going to do that anyway, why ask. They refused to respond. So if you are in a blue state, good luck with that relying on politically run F&W.

A typical democratic, millennial statement, coming someone who doesn't live nor ever hunted there. I hunted one time in Wyoming and saw the devastating effects (loss of elk and deer populations)caused by the wolves. I spoke to other hunters, guides and outfitters, who explained the 3S rule to me. Three years later went to Yellowstone and saw even more reduced numbers and the wolf worshipping. Sickening. Worse yet how others side with the wolf worshipers....i hunt every year in Colorado, now the Colorado Parks wants to introduce wolves in Colorado! If you want to know how it feels, maybe the feral hogs should be put on the endangered species list and be federally protected in TEXAS....That is what he federal government has done to the wolves.

I agree with you. But the Colorado parks a d wildlife don't want to bring in wolfs. It's the groups that are trying to do that. In Colorado the public gets to decide how to magane wildlife (which is stupid). So they are trying to get wolf reintroduction onto the ballot. If that happens then the general public votes to decide.

If you talk to any CPW officer they are opposed to it. They think it's a bad idea. And worried about where the funding will come from for the reintroduction and the loss of hunting caused by wolves

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.