Just bought a new production Model 700 sps stainless 30-06.

I understand that Remington did not design its bolt action firearm to discharge by merely pushing the round into the battery. How is that for understanding? You could be aimed down range at the target, but when cycling the bolt the gun should not discharge. That is what was happening. That is why the guns were recalled.

Much safer than in the house bullets going through objects and maybe an unlucky bystander.
Outside is much safer.
Especially aiming at the ground, most likely the soft earth will accept the bullet.
Don't know the exact percentage but it's probably over 90% negligence if fired indoors.
Negligence is YOUR fault not the gun.
What negligence are you talking about? I don't think understand negligence. Merely cycling the bolt is not negligent. Find me one case where any court determined cycling the bolt and pushing a round into battery is negligent. It is a manufacturer's defect.

Again.
You said indoors.

Here's something for you.

please read.
Just curious did you read this from the article you referenced?? See where it says "mechanical failure"...... That is exactly what happened. Remington manufactured an unsafe product that failed.

Accidental Discharge
An accidental discharge in the unintentional firing of a shot not due to improper gun handling and through no fault of the person handling the gun. In the vast majority of cases, an accidental discharge is due to mechanical failure or equipment malfunction.

Putting a rifle into full battery when not needed to unload it IS improper gun handling imo.

Apparently the "cowboy" don't get it…

Loaded weapon indoors.
Firearm fires….
Negligence!!!!
Period.
My contention is his friend didn't need to cycle the bolt into full battery to clear the magazine/ weapon. For all we know his friend touched off the trigger while working the bolt.

Wrong! Guns are placed into battery all the time. No bolt action gun should fire merely upon being placed into battery. I can't believe this is being debated. It was not designed to operate that way.

Apparently the "cowboy" don't get it…

Loaded weapon indoors.
Firearm fires….
Negligence!!!!
Period.
Yeah, I don't get it. Millions of Americans keep firearms indoors all the time. Are you saying keeping your weapons loaded indoors is wrong or unsafe? Where was the negligence? Try to find a single instance where pushing a round into battery was ever determined to be negligence. Check with your law enforcement friends.

My contention is his friend didn't need to cycle the bolt into full battery to clear the magazine/ weapon. For all we know his friend touched off the trigger while working the bolt.
Wow! Now we are changing the facts? If his finger was not anywhere the trigger should the firearm have discharged?

Wrong! Guns are placed into battery all the time. No bolt action gun should fire merely upon being placed into battery. I can't believe this is being debated. It was not designed to operate that way.
Sears wear out and fail. Thus causing a weapon to go off. Armorers and gunsmiths understand this. Just like mechanics understand parts on a car wear out and fail. Or poorly maintained/ adjusted cars can fail. And like I said your friend didn't need to go into full battery to unload his rifle.