Just bought a new production Model 700 sps stainless 30-06.

Cowboy,

Answer pleaseI

I already told you I am not going to engage in speculation based on your made-up facts about something that has nothing to do with this discussion. There were no kids involved. No one was harmed. There was no pointing of the rifle at anyone.

It's telling you won't answer the question about the case I showed you.
Other than the 11 yr old getting killed there was NO difference in what your buddy did.
Both were negligent firings.
One died and the other blew holes in his truck and house.
Let's get one thing straight.
I would never want to be around you or your friends.
It's a negligent homicide waiting to happen.

I have Trigger Tech Specials put in every rifle I have for the past many years. My hands get stiff/hurt when the temp gets around freezing. I can very easily crank my trigger up to 3# from my normal setting oof 1#. It will definitely help! :)

I have shot the rifle, and it will shoot about moa. I was just using blue box Federal and Remington coreloct ammo. The plastic stock doesn't seem to be very good. It does have quite a bit of snap with the 180 grain stuff. The rifle comes with a jeweled bolt and a Timney trigger from the factory. How would you guys make it a little better. It is good enough for my purpose now. With it the way it is I have to limit it to about 300 yards on my ability and what I am seeing.
Good choice. 1 MOA is very good with two boxes of regular cup and core ammo. Timney trigger is great.

Next step is clearly an upgraded stock - especially since you note it is not 'very good'. Many great options, I'd add Stocky's laminated stocks, Boyd's, MDT's field, Magpul's stock, McMillan, and Gunwerks. For the money and to make it more shootable, I'd go with a laminate wood stock with aluminum bedding blocks. I love the black/pepper color. This is also the easiest for a user installed option. If it doesn't have aluminum bedding blocks, you should pillar bed or full-length bed your action to get the best results. I do have one of Magpul's hunter stocks on a 10/22 and it's nice to be able to add spacers for length of pull and change the cheek riser height.

However, it doesn't compare to the look and feel of wood laminate. Fiberglass and carbon fiber/composite stocks are also nice but are more expensive and can be very lightweight. I'd be surprised if you didn't get a lot more enjoyment out of that 30/06 with a laminate stock.

I always had the intention of putting mine in a chassis. One reason was to get a stiffer stock, the other reason was to use AICS style mags. So I put my ADL into a used KRG Bravo. You can use the original stock and watch some of the videos on youtube on how to bed and stiffen the stock. Or get a laminated stock from Boyds. Or get one of the various chassis that are on the market. A trigger can help but even though I'm used to 2lb triggers I shoot at and under 0.5 moa with my trigger. I wouldn't use oil on the trigger. I was taught at Remington's armorer's school to use cigarette lighter fluid to clean the trigger. It also leaves a very thin layer of oil residue that works well with their triggers. Oil was one of the reasons for the safety issues with their old triggers. I handload but hopefully you'll find a factory load that your rifle likes. Good luck!
I put my Tikka CTR 6.5 CM in a KRG Bravo and it's a great option for a replacement stock as well. It's still plastic though and I prefer a flush magazine or hinged floorplate on a hunting rifle rather than AICS mags.

I put witt machine clamp on brakes on my factory rifles. Worth every penny...my 1966 model 70 300 win mag with Berger 205's kicks less than my father in laws model 70 300 win with boss brake and 165's.