Is this the norm ?

I just saw shotgun primers for $75 a 1000. So maybe prices will get somewhat better over time. I have a bunch so I did not order any.
I was talking to a fellow complaining that he was completely out of primers and he could not find any to purchase. In a friendly way, I offered to sell him couple hundred of mine, but he wouldn't $5 a tray of 100. I don't recall what I paid for them but given current conditions, I did not feel that was too bad. So I wished him good luck and moved on. NO, I am not offering them for sale to anyone else either.

5$ a tray !! I'd of jumped on that in a heart beat. Guess it's his loss and your gain. Went by a LGS yesterday and he had a few thousand large and small rifle primers. All types of brands. He was getting 10$ per 100. Some jackass (me) bought the last 500 pistol primers he had. They're out there. Just need to be patient and look.

Agree, things are trickling around now. I've picked up Retumbo, H1000, H4350, CCI 450s, BR-4s, BR-2s in the last month. I've passed on all those plus a lot more several times also. It's all out there somewhere. Ammo is coming back on to shelves even.

Two more years and they'll be giving us sleeves of 100 primers with every purchase of 100 bullets. 😂 We can dream at least!

5$ a tray !! I'd of jumped on that in a heart beat. Guess it's his loss and your gain. Went by a LGS yesterday and he had a few thousand large and small rifle primers. All types of brands. He was getting 10$ per 100. Some jackass (me) bought the last 500 pistol primers he had. They're out there. Just need to be patient and look.
I expect the days of penny primers are long gone. But even at $0.10 each it is still cheaper that buying loaded ammo. The spring skeet leagues are starting up and this guy wanted to reload some shot shells. I tried... Another option I have done in the past, is to buy new, primed shot shells. At the time, it was less expensive than buying both hulls and primers and there was no hazardous shipping surcharges added. Unfortunately that does not seem to be an option for metallic cases. I have few old boxes that were sold as primed cases (both 30-06 and 338 WM), but I have not noticed if any manufacture still offers them.

I signed up for inventory alerts on Reloder16 with a few places. One of them alerted me that there were a few pounds available, so I jumped on it. Then found out they wanted EIGHTY FIVE DOLLARS PER POUND. They still have them and can keep them. Never doing anymore business with them.

The future might be like gas-powered vehicles, soon it will be electric because gas will be just too expensive.
Maybe we should be looking at AIR RIFLES air is cheap, lead balls can easily be made at home, cheap shooting.
Just watch the price of primers, projectiles, casings, and powder drop when we all take to shooting air rifles!

I was looking around the internet for large rifle primers and came across Natchez shooters supply which had CCI BR 2 large rifle primers in stock. I almost jumped out of my chair, had to get my order in quick . 2 bricks at 154.99 each plus tax and hazmat for a total of $397. Then I calmed down a little and saw that they sell large rifle magnum primers for 98 per brick but sold out, then why regular large rifle primers for 154.99. So while trying to decide if I should bite the bullet , they sold out.
Is this the direction we are heading? I have spent hundreds of dollars with Natchez over the years and to me it looks like they are price gouging. I have about 1500 primers on hand , so I was not desperate , but if this is the way of the future … it's just a sad situation.
Try to find mag rifle CCI off the secondary market 259 plus haz mat shipping 300

I just purchased Win. LR Primers from a Sporting goods Store In Goshen Ny . I went to the store because of their BIG SALE. It was if you were a pistol shooter, But the Brick of WIN LR Primers was 148.00 , BUT , 15% off at the cash register, BUT, N Y state sales tax, So in round Numbers $150 buck a brick. That 15 cents a primer, up from 9 cents a primer. So every load will cost me 6 cents more to make . So its pay the money, get the primers, Make your ammo , or don't shoot. Easy decision, I bought the brick. Do I hate this Gouging, I sure Do. BUT , Nothing is worse than Not shooting at the range. Especially for 6 more cents a shot . So I don't need a $7.00 cup of Starbuck coffee, each day, I bring my coffee from home in my travel mug. There , I fixed them!!!

I guess it was sticker shock and a bit pis__— off , that I deal with this company and they jack the price up. Next time I see them on sale , I'll jump on them , thinking the price may never come back to normal. Sad
Maybe their asking price was directly related to what they paid wholesale for them.
Don't be too quick to judge.

Yes I completely agree with you. I am sure they had to pay more from their distributor and therefore had to sell it for more. I'm sure they were not intentionally gouging anybody, and I'm sure they don't want to hear their customers griping. Perhaps components will come back to a more realistic price next year !

Recent Posts