Is this the norm ?

bowhunter123456789

I was looking around the internet for large rifle primers and came across Natchez shooters supply which had CCI BR 2 large rifle primers in stock. I almost jumped out of my chair, had to get my order in quick . 2 bricks at 154.99 each plus tax and hazmat for a total of $397. Then I calmed down a little and saw that they sell large rifle magnum primers for 98 per brick but sold out, then why regular large rifle primers for 154.99. So while trying to decide if I should bite the bullet , they sold out.
Is this the direction we are heading? I have spent hundreds of dollars with Natchez over the years and to me it looks like they are price gouging. I have about 1500 primers on hand , so I was not desperate , but if this is the way of the future … it's just a sad situation.

I was looking around the internet for large rifle primers and came across Natchez shooters supply which had CCI BR 2 large rifle primers in stock. I almost jumped out of my chair, had to get my order in quick . 2 bricks at 154.99 each plus tax and hazmat for a total of $397. Then I calmed down a little and saw that they sell large rifle magnum primers for 98 per brick but sold out, then why regular large rifle primers for 154.99. So while trying to decide if I should bite the bullet , they sold out.
Is this the direction we are heading? I have spent hundreds of dollars with Natchez over the years and to me it looks like they are price gouging. I have about 1500 primers on hand , so I was not desperate , but if this is the way of the future … it's just a sad situation.
That's cheaper than they go for on the secondary market. Hard to say what their mark up at that price is since historic prices seem to not really be relevant to anything anymore.

$110 at auburn bass pro but many of my rifles don't need a benchrest primer…as a matter of fact I have a heavy barrel Winchester heavy varmint that prefers Winchester primers 🤷‍♂️

When they get the large rifle magnum in stock the price increase from the supplier will reflect at that time. Comparing old pricing to new pricing doesn't work.

Just came from my LGS. They just moved to a larger building and the display of firearms was most impressive. They had ammo, powder and some primers. The CCI No. 41 – Small Military Rifle Primers | 1,000 Count were $140 (tax included) ouch. The H3450 was $51/lb (tax included) or $360 for 8 lbs....ouch. Guns were the best buy (retail)
No, before you ask, he does not do mail order. One of the salesman told me that the price of ammo was slowly dropping, however 38 spl was $1/round.
Yes, I am afraid that this is new norm.

Yeah it sucks. The prices have dropped and seem stuck at 75-80 now. I believe they will drop more like powder and bullets have. The same naysayers on primers said the same about powder and bullets seem to forget they have been wrong so far.

LGS had br4 for same price. Back in the day, they were $55 compared to $35 for any other Match primer. I moved on!

Just came from my LGS. They just moved to a larger building and the display of firearms was most impressive. They had ammo, powder and some primers. The CCI No. 41 – Small Military Rifle Primers | 1,000 Count were $140 (tax included) ouch. The H3450 was $51/lb (tax included) or $360 for 8 lbs....ouch. Guns were the best buy (retail)
No, before you ask, he does not do mail order. One of the salesman told me that the price of ammo was slowly dropping, however 38 spl was $1/round.
Yes, I am afraid that this is new norm.
Online search engine I use for ammo and supplies. https://ammoseek.com/ shows 38 special starting at 39.9 cents per round, it also shows powder and some primers available too. There is a drop down menu to customize your search. You can register for free, but you don't have to. They have never listed product from a scam sight to my knowledge. Listings are updated every few minutes as product sells or becomes available. Currently showing 78 available powders, 51 available primers. Only a few large rifle.

Recent Posts