Is my Bergara Bergarbage?

Not true, in this case the OP was 100% the problem. Bergara and NF both tested their products and found them to be fine. I know for sure NF wouldn't lie about that and I doubt Bergara would either. He was offered a full refund by Bergara and didn't take it. The OP couldn't shoot, plain and simple and he was not always even close to truthful.
Sarcasm my friend was the intent of my post. Since you bring it up though it was posted by the OP that others had shot the rifle with the same results after he had received it back from B and NF. As I said, all we have is 32 pages of assumptions and opinions with no firm conclusion, and now we have the assumption of the OP not being truthful. My final point is it's a 3 year old thread and the OP is gone. The End!

No one here that I saw has asked how old his powder was and how it was stored. Could be deteriorating powder. That surely would account for large variances in velocity. I really can't think of anything else that would cause such an ES.
I never worry about my powders because they are in my basement in my gun room in tightly sealed containers and the temperature remains a constant 68* F.

No one here that I saw has asked how old his powder was and how it was stored. Could be deteriorating powder. That surely would account for large variances in velocity. I really can't think of anything else that would cause such an ES.
I never worry about my powders because they are in my basement in my gun room in tightly sealed containers and the temperature remains a constant 68* F.

Reading through the posts I bet his chrono was garbage, not the powder.

Sarcasm my friend was the intent of my post. Since you bring it up though it was posted by the OP that others had shot the rifle with the same results after he had received it back from B and NF. As I said, all we have is 32 pages of assumptions and opinions with no firm conclusion, and now we have the assumption of the OP not being truthful. My final point is it's a 3 year old thread and the OP is gone. The End!
Yeah we didn't really learn anything useful in the end so why don't you just delete it then you wont have to keep telling us it's the end.
My last point, just to offer some information to this thread before it gets deleted, is to mention that humidity is also a very important factor to consider when storing powder. I know you said 'tightly sealed' but were they sealed up while the humidity was high or low? Some interesting articles out there on the subject.

I have to Bergarbage B-14s... they both came with the highly sought-after factory-installed "rusted and pitted bore" option. I found rust in the first one, and after a luke-warm response from their support line I bought a second one just to prove that I can take the rifle out of the box, run a scope down it, and the factory chro-mo barrel has rust and pits in it. And they can't do a thing to make me stop saying this - the truth is an absolute defense.

Their response was tough titty, zero warranty for any rust even if it came out of the box that way. Zero give-a- đź’© that their packaging is resulting in rusted bores, it's not their problem. The 1moa accuracy guarantee still applies, if it shoots better than an inch at 100 it's your problem.

They did recommend I use a stainless steel bore brush and an ammonia based bore cleaner and go to town on the bore. They'd rebarrel the rifles if I paid them to do it, but oh BTW we're backlogged six months on barrels so we've suspended the rebarreling program and won't work on the rifles if I send them in.

Garbage rifles from a garbage company. All they had to do was say "yeah that's not acceptable to sell a rusted rifle, we'll make that right" but they refused.

b14.png

You did work hard and stopped just short of doing everything possible as I mentioned in an earlier post to a company like yours you could absorb the cost of one rifle and not even sneeze and then you would be totally exonerated from anything and yes this post is slightly negative towards Bergara because they have had many small problems but they are problems and people spend good money to buy a good product and feelThey did not get what they paid for in this case it is very publicly known by many I would think you would just go the extra mile swap out the rifle to save your own reputation I personally don't believe there's anything wrong with the optics or the rings due to prior problems with bergara rifles of which I know one personally

I don't need a rifle, but I feel like purchasing a Bergara just to support a company that supports it's customers.

Thank you Nate, refreshing!

My last point, just to offer some information to this thread before it gets deleted, is to mention that humidity is also a very important factor to consider when storing powder. I know you said 'tightly sealed' but were they sealed up while the humidity was high or low? Some interesting articles out there on the subject.
Yes friend I know humidity is also a factor that's why I have a dehumidifier running 24/7 in my gun room / man cave.