Inertia Puller

So I break mine the other day and I only use it to break the neck tension then use collet puller. I was going to order and dropped by my LGS today, he was putting one on shelf! Just got it in today! How does that happen? I usually get had them in stock yesterday!!!😂 Was cheaper than on line plus no shipping!
View attachment 352166O
what brand was your old one if it was RCBS they would send you a new one for free I have done that once after over 25 years of use

Back when I shot the 14 a lot, shot Ks of MexMatch. The best thing I found was to set up a seating die to break the seal, then pull with collet puller. Push-pull. Any turret press works great for that purpose. Did not have one early on, when the T7 came out I bought one and had it set just for deprocessing.

I use the coax to seat bullets.

20150830_061034.jpg

Last edited:
Why not use something like the cam lock Puller from Hornady? It is generally faster and causes no damage.
Hw fast does the Hornady cam lock work? Last weekend I had to pull 50 rounds of 5.56 that I bulged the shoulders on. That took about 50 minutes to an hour. I have 150 more to do. I did not check any until 200 were complete.

So I break mine the other day and I only use it to break the neck tension then use collet puller. I was going to order and dropped by my LGS today, he was putting one on shelf! Just got it in today! How does that happen? I usually get had them in stock yesterday!!!😂 Was cheaper than on line plus no shipping!
View attachment 352166O
Post how you like it. I've broke RCBS and Frankfort arsenal inertia pullers. That one looks good with that soft hammer head cover.

I've broken a Quinetics inertia puller which was about 25 years old.
Replaced it with a Hornady that was in stock locally. It broke during use within a few hours.
Contracted Hornady customer service. They replaced it.
I apparently over-tightened it and the screw-on cap is now broken after impact.
I replaced it with a Hornady cam-lock and it has survived so far.

Hw fast does the Hornady cam lock work? Last weekend I had to pull 50 rounds of 5.56 that I bulged the shoulders on. That took about 50 minutes to an hour. I have 150 more to do. I did not check any until 200 were complete.
I would say that I pull one approx every 10- 15 seconds with it, and with no spilled powder.

So I have a piece of rail that I slap the puller on so it has nice "firm" surface and all I care is to get a very slight movement then I switch over to RCBS collett puller which works really good but works better if the neck tension is broke with the inertia one. My old one was a Lyman and prob 25+ years old!!!

The seating die works but if the bullet is at a short COAL and compressing pwoder, I am trying to protect bullet a little bit so it is still ok for general ladder work or just velocity checks. I like having the bullet giving a little more bearing surface to the collett as well for better grab.