Improving the 308 Win performance

Restore your AI communications, for a more palatable conversion. I tweek the man to improve his status, and expect him to learn the correct Terminology for machining so he appears more professional. Which I expect he will.
Helping young people experience the 2nd Amendment is great if it can be accomplished in your state.
But more importantly are the statements and photos presented here, with no FFL as stated. And I urged him to get an FFL.
Heard of probable cause warrants, for suspicious unlawful activity. And if they catch you in a lie over anything presented, it's up to 4 yrs in the federal penitentiary.
With an FFL they do not need a warrant. But it shows you tried to comply if you have one and talk reasonably to them, trying to comply with their demands. It may not be that expensive if to cover your firearm activities.
You are lucky to live in Texas as he stated, here everyone now need a Firearms Purchasing Permit from the state to purchase any firearm. The permit has to pass through the county sheriff, who will charge a minimum of $50 but he can charge any amount he wants like $500 to cover cost as you also have to show the sheriff you are proficient with a firearm at the police range...wait times have stretched over 90 days to buy a bolt action rifle or any firearm. Complaints about wait times, as the governor instructed the State Police to slow walk gun buying permits....then they expire. And ya have to repay fees if you haven't purchased your firearm. Every firearm traceable, every single one background checked, no exceptions, can't give a gun away without a background check... plus a whole host of laws passed, like 21 yrs for any pistol or AR, locked up or you're responsible for the damage the firearm causes. Plus some more in the courts. West Coast states are trying to out do each other on how to crush your 2nd Ammendment. I believe Washington St and its Governor introduced a Bill to outlawed AR 15s in the state, for new purchase and you can not sell the ones in circulation in the state or pass them on to your family they will be destroyed upon your death. I do not recall if it passed, they want to be the first to ban the AR.
Just a friendly warning every state is not as firearm friendly as Texas, but they too have to comply with ever changing Federal laws and regulations...and this federal government does not like gun ownership in any form... and the courts are not standing up for your rights....
Have a nice day, ...maybe we can talk about guns, loads, and shooting next time. But this is a serious situation that may turn grave in the near future. So enjoy your shooting activities while ya can.
You certainly made a statement! Will the unasked for advice be of any use to anyone on this thread; who knows?

Everyone else, please go back to your .308 work. Me, I'm fixin' to go lost up some brass--338-378!

Available

Available

I think the SRP in 308 derived cases is definitely the best way to go. Certainly would like more specific information about this test such as bullet used, speed, powder and most of all pressure. Just as information Lapua Palma, and now Starline are producing SRP brass in the 308 Win. Peterson also produces 260 Rem and 243Win brass with SRP. I am testing a couple of new bullets we will release for the 308 Win and 300 Blackout in 135 and 125 gr weights respectively. They are performing very well so far from the SRP brass. In the 308 Win bullet (135 gr) it can be pushed easily with no pressure signs from a 24" barrel to 3250 fps from Starline SRP brass.

I am testing a couple of new bullets we will release for the 308 Win and 300 Blackout in 135 and 125 gr weights respectively. They are performing very well so far from the SRP brass. In the 308 Win bullet (135 gr) it can be pushed easily with no pressure signs from a 24" barrel to 3250 fps from Starline SRP brass.

What would be your recommended twist for 135 in a 308win to run at 3250?

Minimum twist would be 1:12 or faster. If your MV was 2900 then a 1:11.5 is recommended. These recommendations are assuming 59 F, 29.92 mmHg, basically at sea level (1atmosphere pressure) and 50%humidity. We will recommend on the web site a 1:11.5 twist though. Stability will increase with increases in altitude and decreases in atmospheric pressure.

Just added a picture of the bullet

Attachments

• IMG_6746.jpeg
    IMG_6746.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
You certainly made a statement! Will the unasked for advice be of any use to anyone on this thread; who knows?

Everyone else, please go back to your .308 work. Me, I'm fixin' to go lost up some brass--338-378!
Lets try to keep the discussion on this thread focused on improving the 308Win performance, please? The thread is informational for guys loading the 308 Win.

This is a very intresting thread with alot of good information. Cant wait to find some lvr and try it in my bolt gun and see what results I can get. With that has anyone tried using lvr in a ar10 platform? I am finishing my 20" 1:10 twist build and am wondering if its worth trying in the gas gun or not.

This is a very intresting thread with alot of good information. Cant wait to find some lvr and try it in my bolt gun and see what results I can get. With that has anyone tried using lvr in a ar10 platform? I am finishing my 20" 1:10 twist build and am wondering if its worth trying in the gas gun or not.

I ran 2000MR, kissing cousin to the LVR. By that I mean, the powder charge @nralifer is using on the 150BD2 is almost the same as my 2000MR charge I use to launch 168 Hybrids on SRP Remington UBR brass. 2800 is what I get from my double lugged long range purposed built M1a. The bearing surface of the 168 Hybrid is closer to that of the 150-155 class bullets than they are to traditional 168s. Can't run the SMKs the same way.

Try going to the Berger bullet site.
They have a nice twist rate tool that let's you plug in the caliber, mv, and bullet type. It calculates twist for you. Assuming you are using Berger bullets. But you can use other bullets as long as you use it with caution. The idea being that the twist ratio required is above 1.5. Take a look.

Try going to the Berger bullet site.
They have a nice twist rate tool that let's you plug in the caliber, mv, and bullet type. It calculates twist for you. Assuming you are using Berger bullets. But you can use other bullets as long as you use it with caution. The idea being that the twist ratio required is above 1.5. Take a look.

I tried to put @nralifer on the spot to provide more details about his products, which he did.

Last edited:
I have run it in my 65 Grendel gas gun. Works fine in that rig! I probably wouldn't run it in your AR10 at the charges you see here being run in these bolt guns.