Imperial Sizing Wax

I know your gonna think I'm crazy but in all my years of reloading STP has worked the best for me, a bottle will last you a lifetime and it cleans the brass as well it's the sickest stuff I've ever used, Just food for thought
Not crazy at all, I have and love imperial wax, but when shoulder bumping or collet seating I use stp, it cleans and sizes real slick.

I know your gonna think I'm crazy but in all my years of reloading STP has worked the best for me, a bottle will last you a lifetime and it cleans the brass as well it's the sickest stuff I've ever used, Just food for thought
A gunsmith outside Austin TX introduced me to STP and I was astonished how well it worked. I again ran into the use of STP through our B1SU gunsmiths and shooting teams. I used it for years, bare handed albeit, until I began to suffer some of those affects associated with petroleum distillates. I believe it was and is a great lubricant which is great for die maintenance as well if skin contact protection is utilized. I have used Dillon case lube for the past 20 yrs and find the lanolin to be just as good and safe to the body. In the day nothing beat a lube pad and a dab of STP🇺🇸🙌

I use STP as well. STP contains Zinc which is wonderful metal-on-metal lubrication. Engine builders have been using it for years. Older flat-tappet motors actually need zinc as lube. Another product which intrigues me - after I use my current lifetime supply of STP is Lucas Engine Break-In Additive which is very high in zinc.

Butterbean,

Just the standard STP engine treatment? Are you using it for general sizing or everything? The reason I ask is because I will be sizing SS necks from 7 down to 6.5. I have the lube Rich Sherman recommends on order (Hornady Unique Case Lube). Would you use STP for this application also?

Thanks!

A gunsmith outside Austin TX introduced me to STP and I was astonished how well it worked. I again ran into the use of STP through our B1SU gunsmiths and shooting teams. I used it for years, bare handed albeit, until I began to suffer some of those affects associated with petroleum distillates. I believe it was and is a great lubricant which is great for die maintenance as well if skin contact protection is utilized. I have used Dillon case lube for the past 20 yrs and find the lanolin to be just as good and safe to the body. In the day nothing beat a lube pad and a dab of STP🇺🇸🙌
I couldn't believe the difference in the pressure you have to put on the handle with the STP

Fellas, I'm not looking for lube.

I was looking to help people that were.

PFGLPHph.jpg
Godamighty! That much would last 5 people a lifetime!

I understand why you like the STP. It has what is known as a tackifier meaning it hangs on to whatever you apply it to and maintains lubricity. However the original STP formula contained Zinc Diphosphate which is a known carcinogen and should not come in contact with any skin or tissue. Should you insist you continue using it best be certain you use rubber gloves when using it for reloading. Before you continue using it would be advisable to request a MSDS (material safety data sheet)--the supplier is required to provide on request.

I have one 2 oz. tin I'd sell for $12 plus shipping & I'll ship it your preferred method. It's old stock but unused.0127A1F7-1B67-419D-A733-A7BB71252AA4_1_201_a.jpegA4372FF8-1134-43E9-9EAB-ECF04E64F70D_1_201_a.jpeg312BC26D-EF65-4BE8-9D23-CA68531F68DD_1_201_a.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.