If I could build a rifle and I only had a $25,000.00 budget

It would be the 6.5 creedmoore because legend has it if you reload it juuuuussst right it will cure cancer and aids. That's worth the 25k to me! ;):):D
The Remington MSR Rifle is not chambered in 6.5 Creed because after much debate by the Military the 6.5 Creed is considered a weapon of mass destruction and they fear it might fall into the wrong hands. :)

I have a DTA with 4 conversions, 2 cans, kestrel, Terrapin, etc. I've had the system for a few years and it's great.
MfM2SFe

MfM2SFe.jpg

I did some barrel swap testing and documented the results: https://www.reddit.com/r/longrange/comments/244lqc/dta_srs_barrel_swap_testing/

13TxCSJ.jpg

13TxCSJ

Someone failed their cost-vs-benefit class...

Who spends $25K on a rifle and "doesn't know what caliber it is"???? Something smells...

I guess I can imagine stupidly rich people who just buy stuff they think cool doing this. But nobody actually skilled and practiced and capable of applying such a rifle at distance would be unable to tell you what cartridge it was chambered for.

Who spends $25K on a rifle and "doesn't know what caliber it is"???? Something smells...

I guess I can imagine stupidly rich people who just buy stuff they think cool doing this. But nobody actually skilled and practiced and capable of applying such a rifle at distance would be unable to tell you what cartridge it was chambered for.
The stupidly rich definitely do it. I work at a gun club within a very high end private community (think net worth 10-20 million on average. Some under, some way over), and one owner there literally leaves his Barrett 50 cal sitting there bc he's never shot it and doesn't know where to.

So the story is a friend of a friend. So the friend of the OP is telling the story about his friend who has a $25,000 rifle. The friend did not know his friends caliber choice and could not relay that information to the OP. Stupid either way. If you're doing a full custom, money not an object, build, I could not see going past $7,500 for rifle and scope. The only reason I know this is I had a buddy literally write a blank check to gradeous that and was the final cost. Optic and everything out the door.

I could build my dream rifle 4-5 times over with 25k.

But 25k, one would probably look like Paul philips gun.

Another might look like a Seekins based ar10 in 6.5PRC

Last edited:
I can only say that figures don't lie, but liars do figure! I would build three good guns and invest the rest. #1 a good 50 cal. #2 A bench rest 38 cal. of some sort that will shoot accurately for over a mile and a half. #3 a very good flat shooting varmint gun, would have to look at all options and take my time on this one. There are many good ones to choose from here. Good luck in 2018 and spend your money wisely.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.