If I could build a rifle and I only had a $25,000.00 budget

Ha ha ha, this is kinda funny to me. When we got our M110's in and I signed for them I couldn't believe the price. Then we got the 2010's in and dang!
Definitely a premium on the system, training (which was horrible), Armor training, and maintenance for xxx amount.

Was it one of these?? .276 is close to .338 lol

A5FBD3E2-D34B-4F30-8921-545E7CE30945.jpeg

There are a few rifles that push that mark, I saw a swiss 50bmg that was just over 20K, toss on a tangent theta scope and you wouldnt have alot of room left in the budget.
A DT arms like a few posts back, couple barrel kits, vectronix rangefinder and a top end scope and you can cross 25k.

Or take that 25K and move the decimal over to get into a holland and holland with decent wood. Have a look in their gunroom sometime if you want to see some $$$. A few rifles over 200 euro on there.

Ha ha ha, this is kinda funny to me. When we got our M110's in and I signed for them I couldn't believe the price. Then we got the 2010's in and dang!
Definitely a premium on the system, training (which was horrible), Armor training, and maintenance for xxx amount.

Military contracts are waaaay overpriced. It's honestly a bunch of snake oil salesmen selling to foamy mouth contracting officers who don't know the difference between their muzzle and buttstock. I get so frustrated working with CORs.

So what cartridge or cartridges would this $25k rifle be? Play your cards right and it could be a true do it all rifle. Not that it would be enough. I'm thinking 308 or 6.5 creed for the mid-long range steel and yotes. 300 win mag for the deer and elk and 375 cheytac just for good measure.

So what cartridge or cartridges would this $25k rifle be? Play your cards right and it could be a true do it all rifle. Not that it would be enough. I'm thinking 308 or 6.5 creed for the mid-long range steel and yotes. 300 win mag for the deer and elk and 375 cheytac just for good measure.

It would be the 6.5 creedmoore because legend has it if you reload it juuuuussst right it will cure cancer and aids. That's worth the 25k to me! ;):):D

I can't remember what how much those smart rifles cost but I bet it would fit the bills. The one with the dual rangefinder built on the scope that marks and tracks the target

It would be the 6.5 creedmoore because legend has it if you reload it juuuuussst right it will cure cancer and aids. That's worth the 25k to me! ;):):D

I guess a bullet in the right spot will cure just about anything. Is that where you were going with this post?

I guess a bullet in the right spot will cure just about anything. Is that where you were going with this post?

Lol I didn't think about it that way. I was just poking fun at 6.5 creedmoore owners. It's the coolest thing since sliced bread.

Here's a holland and holland for $25,000 on guns international. I was surprised that this was the cheapest. Going rate is anywhere between 90k to 250k!!!

B662C436-CE67-43A7-9E92-8EB74619EC61.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.