If I could build a rifle and I only had a $25,000.00 budget

Bowfishn

I ran into a buddy the other day (no I didn't knock him over) and he was telling me about a guy he met that had a Long Range Rifle with barrels he could change and it would shoot to a mile for hunting and farther for Target.
He said he had $25,000.00 into his set up, barrels cost him $1000.00 a piece.
I asked him what caliber it was, he wasn't sure but thought it might have been a 338 something.
It got me thinking about what combination of parts would I get to build a $25,000.00 rifle including Scope. That is if I wanted to part with a little extra pocket change. :rolleyes:
( what I really wanted for a gift today )

Although, I did read about the new Remington sniper rifle package with switch barrel capabilities. Came with 308, 300 win mag, and 338 lapua mag barrels along with a ton of accessories. Eurooptics had some available to the public for like 23k. If I had money like that I would consider that set-up.
http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/09/24/remington-msr-hands-on-review/
That's the rifle I'm talking about, but it comes with a LOT of stuff.

It is sweet, maybe the dude bought one. I will have to show my buddy a picture of that one. He did see it.

Just checked out Eurooptic
$21,000.00 complete Kit
$10,499.00 just the 338 Lapua
no scope that will be extra

Can't believe it is not offered in 6.5 Creedmoor!

Last edited:
It is sweet, maybe the dude bought one. I will have to show my buddy a picture of that one. He did see it.

$21,000.00 complete Kit

Yeah even the guy writing the article said that about the creedmoor. But it's definitely a very well thought out package with top of the line everything. If I had a spare 22k laying around I'd jump all on it lol

$21,000.00 complete Kit

Maybe you were joking, but I bet the fact that the mlitary does not shoot the 6.5 Creed... Nothing against the best cartridge ever designed, but 308, 300 win., and 338 Lapua make the most sense if you're competing for gov. contract.

It may have been a DT with several carbon barrels, suppressors for each one, different bolts, high end rangefinder like a G7 or Kilo 2400, high end bipod, and other odds and ends that go with a set up like that, and you could be getting close to that 25k....ha ha I imagine something like this in a pelican case with a few more goodies might get ya there
Screen+Shot+2015-05-22+at+12.54.49+AM.png

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.