Hunting Rifle

Even when I had my ph2 and had a question not once did they ever answer their customer service line and their email was vague and no help at all. I think this is probably enough to just let it go and see if I can talk to a Fierce customer service rep after the holidays.
I have two Fierce Edge rifles, 280 AI Stainless barrel and a 6.5 PRC carbon fiber wrapped barrel. They are both shooters, although I have heard of other people having problems with other models. Stay with the Fury or Edge models both are tried and true shooters. I take either anywhere. Although I am doing a build on a 7mm PRC but that is an entirely different rabbit hole. I called fierce one day got a hold of the customer service rep asked what they had laying around for the edge model a scooped the PRC was shipped after payment cleared and was in my hands in a week and on the range the following. Colton was the service representative at fierce. Have fun

Oh wow, I hear thats the Crapmore of two eighty four
We will see, got one going together now in 7mm PRC

Defiance Anti X action
Brux 27 in skip fluted stainless barrel
McMillian stock
Timney trigger
Sunny side bottom metal
Leupold VX-6HD 4x24x52 optic

I will make sure to let you know how it shoots when I put some Reloder 26 in some brass.

Last edited:
I can't really say right now as I think they may not fully understand what I am asking for. A few months ago I asked if I could custom order a rifle with a 0 moa base and they said they can't. Not a big deal, I will keep searching for a rifle. Well today I emailed them and asked if it would be possible to make me a PH2 in 7prc with a 22 inch barrel. I didn't say a single thing about 0 vs 20 scope base because I already knew they couldnt make me a 0 moa base from my past email. Their response didn't answer my question at all about making me a rifle and just said "let me make this clear in no way, shape, form are you getting a 0 moa base" that's it.
FWIW, that is the attitude that I've gotten from them in every interaction that I've had. Too bad, too. They have some equipment that I like that I've yet to find anything similar from anyone else, but I refuse to fund an attitude like that.

I see that the OP has purchased an X-Bolt, but with regards to only Seekins rails for Seekins actions I wonder if Murphy Precision would make one?

Tikka or Mac Bros titanium action and an X caliber prefit carbon barrel. If you go tikka get a Pure Precision carbon stock and bottom metal.
I built this set up for my sons goat and sheep rifle in 7-08 shoots great

Let us know how it shoots!

I shot my new rifle today.... as of right now, it is hands down the best rifle I have ever owned. The McMillan stock fits me perfectly, the trigger is crisp and super light now that I changed the spring to a M-Carbo, hardly any recoil with the recoil hawg brake, and best of all the accuracy is hard to beat. Hornady precision 175 eldx averaged about .5 inch 3 shot groups and same for Federal 175 eldx. 5 shot groups were around .5 with my biggest 5 shot group measuring 0.78". I imagine it will only get better, especially considering it was mid 20s and windy today. In my opinion, this rifle blows the Seekins havok and element out of the water. It has a palm swell much like Seekins but a little bigger and I get great accuracy out of a 20 inch barrel instead of the ph2's 26 inch. Speeds averaged 2840fps out of my 20" barrel. The ONLY thing I do not like about the rifle is that the stock is a little slick. I might add a little stippling to the palm swell but that's it. That's my initial impressions of the spr x-bolt so we will see if anything changes when i start to really reach out with it... sorry for the running paragraph.

Last edited:
I shot my new rifle today.... as of right now, it is hands down the best rifle I have ever owned. The McMillan stock fits me perfectly, the trigger is crisp and super light now that I changed the spring to a M-Carbo, hardly any recoil with the recoil hawg brake, and best of all the accuracy is hard to beat. Hornady precision 175 eldx averaged about .5 inch 3 shot groups and same for Federal 175 eldx. 5 shot groups were around .5 with my biggest 5 shot group measuring 0.78". I imagine it will only get better, especially considering it was mid 20s and windy today. In my opinion, this rifle blows the Seekins havok and element out of the water. It has a palm swell much like Seekins but a little bigger and I get great accuracy out of a 20 inch barrel instead of the ph2's 26 inch. Speeds averaged 2840fps out of my 20" barrel. The ONLY thing I do not like about the rifle is that the stock is a little slick. I might add a little stippling to the palm swell but that's it. That's my initial impressions of the spr x-bolt so we will see if anything changes when i start to really reach out with it... sorry for the running paragraph.
This has been similar to my experience with the xbolt, although I don't have the mcmillan stock. Even their base level stock has a palm swell that fits my hand much better than tikka, savage or Ruger's entry-level stocks.

Sounds like you got a great rifle.

Glad you're happy with your new rifle! Nothing like "retail therapy", to justify the deed of trading our time for cash! ;)

In regard to the OP's communication with Seekins; I too inquired with their CS via email in November/December 2023. The response time wasn't immediate, but I knew from prior research that they have been overwhelmed in all departments since the end of The Plague. My questions were answered within a week though, which I felt was an adequate amount of time. I'm not justifying the snide comment he received back regarding the barrel swap question (the answer is yes, BTW).

I've toured the factory (twice), and it's quite impressive to see how far they've come in just 20 years. I've met the sales staff, and it's small. Heck, the entire company is "small" depending on what scale you want to compare it too. Also, the rifles they're building today were ordered 6 months ago. Some people would say "they're behind"...others would call that "backlog"...I see it as a positive that consumers really want their rifle. Plus, their warranty seems to be like no other!

For me, (at my age, now-51), I'm happy to support an American company employing 60+ citizens, building rifles in the US. There was a time when I couldn't justify buying a hunting rifle that cost another 30-50% more than a Browning, etc. Not knocking anyone in their choice of guns...but if you're near Lewiston, I recommend stopping by and getting a tour. It's cool, you don't need an appointment, but I recommend sending an email if you think you might be in the area in advance. BTW, show season is starting soon though, so they'll be travelling and have a couple less CS people on the floor for about a month starting in 2 weeks.