Womens Hunting Rifle

XLR Industries

Momma burned 13 points for Elk this year so we had to get her set up with a new hunting rifle. The keys here were a rifle that fit her, compact, and was more shootable than her 300 win mag. We ended up going with an 18 inch 6.5 PRC in an Element 4.0 MG. I had a 26 inch medium palma barrel laying around so we threw that on there. I was a little concerned with the weight of the barrel but I figured we could always throw a deep spiral flute on it and make it look good! The LOP was another attention to detail that I wanted to watch! How it sits fit her well but my backup plan was to put a TR-2 on the chassis to get the LOP down to the desired length. Overall she is super happy and shooting the rifle very well.

Before someone says anything I had the scope laying around and figured we would put it to use before season!

Final Specs
Weight 12lbs 3 oz (with everything in the picture)
Blueprinted Remington 700
Bartlein Medium Palma 18" 1:7.5
APA Gen 2 Little Bastard
Timney Elite Hunter Trigger
XLR 4.0 MG- Carbon 12.5 inch buttstock, Carbon Grip, Folder
Vortex Gen 2 Razor 4.5-27
TBAC Bipod

Hornady Match 147 ELDM
2805 FPS

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 191
Sweet rig, she will be hunting in style. Is that a Kryptek design? It looks similar to the altitude.
Yessir this is a Kryptek Altitude cerakote!
Nice. Should be a good rig. Sure like 18" prc and 4.0 combo
Its pretty sweet! I was a little hesitant about the 18 inch but I wanted to go as short as possible. The velocity is right where I want to be though!
What does it weight, without scope?
I don't remember exactly but I believe it was 7 lbs 10 oz. I was thinking it was going to be more with that barrel being all steel and over 3/4" at the muzzle.

Its pretty sweet! I was a little hesitant about the 18 inch but I wanted to go as short as possible. The velocity is right where I want to be though!
Yeah, I was too but getting 2815 with a 156 EOL for elk isn't that bad. I run the 135A mainly for what I do at 2985 and it's perfect. 143 at 2925. I am currently running a xcaliber carbon and with TBAC ultra 7 the rig is under 9 lbs.

Yeah, I was too but getting 2815 with a 156 EOL for elk isn't that bad. I run the 135A mainly for what I do at 2985 and it's perfect. 143 at 2925. I am currently running a xcaliber carbon and with TBAC ultra 7 the rig is under 9 lbs.
I was going to try some of the hammers on this but I wanted to keep the energy out to about 500 yds so I stuck with the 147s. She should be drawing a sheep tag in the next few years so we will get a carbon barrel spun up when that comes around! Might try some hammers if she ends up with a moose tag next year too. She's chomping at the bit for those with 21 points in her pocket.

I was going to try some of the hammers on this but I wanted to keep the energy out to about 500 yds so I stuck with the 147s. She should be drawing a sheep tag in the next few years so we will get a carbon barrel spun up when that comes around! Might try some hammers if she ends up with a moose tag next year too. She's chomping at the bit for those with 21 points in her pocket.
My neighbor borrowed my rifle for a Bison hunt. Took a good bull with it and the 156. Did the job but not sure it's the right bullet for that. The hammers might be better for the moose and bison level. I've not used any solids so I don't know chit.

I haven't used them yet either but everyone has great reviews! I also have a 7 mag barreled action we could throw in there but the coppers have sparked my interest!
Nice setup I want one of those elements, I've killed 3 bulls with the 147 and they worked pretty good.
I'm way more into my short barreled 7mm though, 180 VLDS at 2800 from an 18" barrel is awesomeness

Quick update on this thread. The rifle did great and she ended up shooting this bull at 480 off the tripod. Rifle was a little heavier than I would have liked so I will be getting a new scope for next year and possibly spiral fluting or just putting a carbon barrel on! The 147 ELDM performed even better than I thought. It dropped him right in his tracks and ran a fist sized hole through the top of the shoulder and through the heart (high angle shot). Overall though it was a successful trip!
310645978_5925858270766792_6082477142124987201_n.jpg
310636533_5925857444100208_7998064203322763794_n.jpg