Have a sa with mag bolt, what do i build?

Why does "The 6.5 PRC make the most sense"? He already has a 6.5 CM.
.264"
.284"
.308"

A good 7mm fills that gap between .264" and .308" very nicely. Plus allows for a much heavier range of high BC bullets to be shot if desired. The 7SS was designed to fit in a true SA while leaving room to seat the bullet out to allow room for the heavier long bullets to not take up too much case capacity, the 40* shoulder is very efficient as well.

Lancetkenyon - I'm not familiar with the 7SS but it sounds great. is the 7SS a SAAMI spec'd cartridge?

I don't know. There are certain case designs known for accuracy. 6.5x47L, 6PPC, 6 Dasher, 6BR (BRA/BRX), 6XC, etc.

As for .270WSM being one of them, not sure if I would include that one in the mix of "most accurate case designs".

I have a 6.5SS, and am gathering parts for a second 6.5SS. Then, when my first one gives up the ghost, will be rebarreling it to .25SST probably. The Sherman lines (both LA and SA Mag) are amazing cartridges for the hunting masses.

I don't know. There are certain case designs known for accuracy. 6.5x47L, 6PPC, 6 Dasher, 6BR (BRA/BRX), 6XC, etc.

As for .270WSM being one of them, not sure if I would include that one in the mix of "most accurate case designs".
Yes, but are they only known for accuracy because a few folks won with them, and then everyone else started buying them, too, because they thought the cartridge made the difference, instead of their own subconscious confidence in the gun? Makes you wonder...

If your a reloader and don't mind spending time at the bench then sky's the limit. Pick a 6.5 SAUM or change barrels and go for a 7 SAUM or a 7 Sherman. If you don't want to spend a large amount of time reloading and/or want factory stuff then a 6.5 PRC might make more sense. Note, on a short action you cannot fit in the mag and get the full benefit of the 6.5 PRC. Even with the Wyatt extended mag (2.995) you will just fit the factory loads (COAL about 2.945). But, lots of people are living with this so its not the end of the world just a compromise. I did hear Wyatt is working on an even longer mag set up.

If your a reloader and don't mind spending time at the bench then sky's the limit. Pick a 6.5 SAUM or change barrels and go for a 7 SAUM or a 7 Sherman. If you don't want to spend a large amount of time reloading and/or want factory stuff then a 6.5 PRC might make more sense. Note, on a short action you cannot fit in the mag and get the full benefit of the 6.5 PRC. Even with the Wyatt extended mag (2.995) you will just fit the factory loads (COAL about 2.945). But, lots of people are living with this so its not the end of the world just a compromise. I did hear Wyatt is working on an even longer mag set up.

Vance- That is the best way to say it... exactly what i was thinking

Why does "The 6.5 PRC make the most sense"? He already has a 6.5 CM.
.264"
.284"
.308"

A good 7mm fills that gap between .264" and .308" very nicely.

I personally don't think it's a gap worth filling. I'd either drop down to a hot 6mm or step up into a medium. Just my opinion. Someday I'd love to do a 35 of some flavor. Plenty of bullet moulds for cheap plinking or even 357 pistol bullets.

That 338 SS sounds pretty sweet, though.

I personally don't think it's a gap worth filling. I'd either drop down to a hot 6mm or step up into a medium. Just my opinion. Someday I'd love to do a 35 of some flavor. Plenty of bullet moulds for cheap plinking or even 357 pistol bullets.

That 338 SS sounds pretty sweet, though.
That's definitely not the spirit...starting to sound like my wife...."why do you need 1 in every caliber?"
Lol

I'm biased but check the wind and drop and energy #'s on the 25 SST.

0.345 G7 at 3300-3350 fps.

Really, it depends on the rifle's role. 25 SST, 6.5 SST, 7 SST. It's all good if you practice and execute.

Sadly, there's just nothing I need a 30 or 338 for in the near future when these short efficient cases and efficient bullets fly so well.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.