Hammer vs cutting edge monolithics

When kirby did my load work on my.375 Am he could not get the 375gr lazer to stabilize past 1000. Luckily the 400gr stabilized great and had no issues. So if anyone has a need for those kirby still has them I'll have him ship them out. I had 100 so I don't know how many he used.

As a side note I finally got game down with the 124gr hh. Shot a Michigan 8 point white tails at 108. Hit no bone in or out right between ribs. Internal trama was insane. Lungs gone. So the only thing I thought they would fail at they didn't. I am sold. Gonna be running all my new rifles and about half the old ones with them from now on.
If for no other reason than customer service.

Ordered some hammers. Will be a bit before I get to try them. They look good. Thanks Steve for the fast shipping! Hope to have some reviews up once the rifle is done and the weather warns up a bit.

I run Barnes, but have heard good things about hammers. Going to try them in my client's 338lapua this spring.

Man I couldn't stand Barnes in anything but the blk tip for the 300 blk.
If you like Barnes you will love the hammers.
I must also add while I was in Texas I shot a audad with the 124gr HH out of my 6.5 creed. Slide it behind shoulder facing me and exited through the opposite shoulder about 1.5" exit wound. Audad went 20 yards at most.
Was also able to take a pig at 300 yards with the exact same exit hole. It dropped tried to get up and went back down.
Also able to get a whitetail at 121 yards with the 178gr sledge hammer out of a .358 Norma mag. These are being pushed awfully slow at 2850 ish FPS. Deer was facing shooter and entered the front corner of shoulder and exited opposite side by the hip.
All the animals had jello for insides. Very impressed with these.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.