had it with chemical solvents? try an enzyme!

shadowman,
I like goodgrouper but... goodgrouper I think shadowman is right! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Boy GG giving us all that great info and pictures about this product then not being able to get it is just downright mean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Its like holding a chocolate bar out to a kid and saying "want some" then pulling it back and taking a huge bite out of it "psyche!!!". In all seriousness I hope GG is right and I will be able to get some soon. It looks fnatastic and I would sure love to try some.

not anymore, its one less now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks,
Ben

Hey guys, this product sounds great. I was wondering, was it ever shipped in a plastic bottle, about a year ago? I had tried a enzyme, and I am sure that it was Coppermelt, but it was in a plastic bottle. I wasn't impressed with it, but I didn't know about the foreign particles contaminating it. I bought the "sample" bottle, and I think that the bottle was contaminated. Does this sound right?

I don't think it was coppermelt you had but I may be wrong. As far as I know it hasn't been in a plastic bottle only aluminum and stainless. If it was coppermelt it must have been contaminated because this stuff is certainly impressive!

Yes, it was coppermelt, I found the plastic bottle. As I recall, the bottle that I had purchased was a "sample" bottle taken from another container. The one that I purchased had an assortment of item placed INSIDE of the bottle to demonstrate how it works. I am certain that the contents were contaminated. I would definately like to give a fresh bottle a go, since the reviews are outstanding. I just had a bad bottle and am not turned off the product at all. I mean, how could I not want to try it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Everyplace that I know of is out of stock, and living in Canada, we are short on supliers for the stuff. I guess I will have to wait for the next batch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hi Alucard,

if you visit this Link http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=30106607 you find an auction on www.gunbroker.com.

Contact the seller JPSHOOTING by clicking on "Ask seller a question" and ask him if he has a bottle of Coppermelt left from his auction that ended two days ago.

He had 12 bottles for sale and I believe he only sold 10 (2 of them to me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif). You might have to register for contacting him via gunbroker.com, but registration is free...

Good luck,

ElwoodB.

Ok, thanks alot ElwoodB. I might just have to do that. I am really interested in Coppermelt. I am not a fan of the 3 hour cleaning that I usually have to do. Anything that can cut that time down is a blessing.

I stand corrected. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Get your hands on a fresh bottle and you will love it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

What the heck is the matter with these Coppermelt guys??? It doesn't take 3 days to relaunch a website and they have been offline for nearly 2 weeks now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Needless to say that I never got a reply to my emails...

My theory: One of the major Bore Cleaner Companies has snapped up Coppermelt and burnt their production facility together with the Coppermelt formula! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Well, maybe not quite, but possible nonetheless... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Just as a note of interest. I was in the Sportsman's Warehouse in the tri-cities area about 80 miles south east of here yesterday and they had 12 bottles of Coppermelt. They only had 10 when I left. If you have a Sprotsman's Warehouse near you it might be someplace to try if you are looking for Coppermelt.

What size of patch do you need for a .308 cal? I have some .429 cal patches, or are those too big? Would .338 cal patches be better? Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts