Got to vent a bit..............

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
My dad has been working hard on filling formed brass orders for my customers using my APS wildcat chambered rifles. Anyway, over the past two weeks, he has gone through 15 boxes of 338 Lapua brass in forming rounds for the 7mm Allen Magnum, 300 Allen Xpress and 338 Allen Xpress for customers.

Of those 15 boxes of brass, all new Lapua 100 ct boxes, sealed tight when they arrived, here is what we actually got:

6 boxes w/ 98 cases
9 boxes w/ 99 cases

That means that I paid for 1500 338 Lapua cases and received 1479 cases.....

Now I know in the scheme of things this is not a big deal but at $2.20 each+shipping, it starts to add up and nearly $50 our of pocket......

Now I know this happens. Its not uncommon at all to see this from time to time, generally you see it with smaller cases alot but when your dealing with brass the cost and quality of 338 Lapua brass, this is really unacceptable, not to mention happening in every one of 15 boxes of brass.

It would seem that someone is trying to save a buck here(many actually) at Lapua. One would hope this is not intentional but its pretty consistant to think other wise. Just think, for every 80 boxes of brass sold, you get a free box to sell at full price so they could make ALOT of money for nothing other then ripping off their customers.

I would hope this is not what they are doing and that this is an isolated occurance but it smells bad anyway. THis is the first time I have ever seen this with Lapua brass. Just a bit annoyed is all.

Perhaps I should contact Lapua and fill them in on this problem!!!

Nuff said, rant over.

I would MOST definately fill them in on the problem. That is pure BS to pay that much for there brass and not get what your suppose to. For them to be off 1-2 pieces on EVERY box smells fishy to me as well...I've seen it happen with winchester brass every once in a great moon you'll get 49 of the 50, actually I've gotten 51 of 50 more times then I've got shorted. But then again, I'm not paying almost $2 a case, so its not a overly big deal to me. And it didn't happen 15 out of 15 times either...

You should of bought Remington, they always throw in one extra LOL:D

I'd sure make them aware of the count issue. Especially the quantity that you buy in. One every now and then maybe, but not each box.

Maybe the shortcomings of our education system have reached to Finland and they simply think we can't count. In another generation it may have gone undetected.

I've got an unopened box or two of .338 Lapua brass, think I'll pop the seal and give them a count. Very disturbing, your findings.

I know it wasn't your point, but Powder Valley and Bruno Shooters Supply both have .338 Lapua (Lapua brand) brass for under $2 each. Powder Valley will sell you 1,000 pieces for $1,841 ($1.84 ea.) but maybe it'll be a Finnish 1,000, or about 990 by U.S. count.

Rick

Kirby

Brass and bullet makers usualy package there products buy weight so if you
have some older brass from Lapua weigh it and then weigh the new stuff.

The new stuff will probably be Heavier,Hence the short count.

If not then they "Chinglelade" you ( an old mexican term for SCREWED ).

Most of the time when you get one extra case it's because the total weight
fell just short and an extra case was thrown in to be sure you get the proper
count.

J E CUSTOM

I would definitely contact Lapua about it, that ain't right.
That being said I think I'll open up my box of 338 LM brass and start counting it seeing that I need to get loading for that new APS 338 LM that should be arriving real soon.

Wayne aka WAMBO

Kirby, you sure are having issues with brass lately. Let us know what you hear back from them.

On another note, when's your moose hunt? The bulls are just starting to respond to the calls!

Cheers

I hear you.
Direct your vent to LAPUA.
I would think they will resolve your issue.
Hope it doesn't happen again.

Lets us know if they take care of the issue.

Tell them your AIG or Bear & Stearns, Frannie May or maybe
change you name to Freddie Mac they will bail you out. LOL

Best of luck

For what it's worth. I have two boxes of Lupua .338 brass on hand. I just checked and both have 100 in them. They came from Midway.

Jeff

I recently got in 2 boxes (100 count) of 6.5 X 47, both had 100. For what the 338 cost, I would sure let Lapua know about the problem.

Kirby,

I would definitely call Lapua....I called them on some 6.5x47 Lapua brass that had to thick of rims to fit in the shell holder. I told them I had 47pcs out of a box of 100 that had the problem. They sent me a new box of 100 and told me to scrap the misfit cases. At the price of Lapua brass these days, might pay to make a phone call.

Travis

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.