A Bit Off of the Usual Topics, but….

This would be my choice right now,I may change that thought after I visit my bank account:
Pure sine wave,240 v

Do ya need the charger aspect? I haven't studied them recently so I should stay away from offering any detailed info…..I'd probably be wrong! memtb

Can you tell me the difference between a pure sine wave and the non pure sine wave inverter??
I was looking at those today
If you need high quality stable power for sensitive electronics, say your computer, anything that needs a stable and clean power supply go with pure sine wave inverter. They're in fire trucks, ambulances with everything from a coffee maker to high dollar medical equipment, line trucks etc. If ya just wanted to use a drill motor off the back of truck maybe a Harbor Freight cheapo inverter might get ya by.Those guys at Vanner will tell ya anything might want to know if ya call em.If ya have a high dollar laptop, pay bit a extra for the Vanner, rugged , reliable, safe. Their client list speaks well of the outfit.

Last edited:
This would be my choice right now,I may change that thought after I visit my bank account:
Pure sine wave,240 v
Holy cow 😳
I am a normal 5000 watt inverter that I have used to run my Hobart 140 mig welder with and it has worked pretty good.
Would a normal inverter be good enough for stuff like fridge and freezer?

Holy cow 😳
I am a normal 5000 watt inverter that I have used to run my Hobart 140 mig welder with and it has worked pretty good.
Would a normal inverter be good enough for stuff like fridge and freezer?

Yes but, if you have enough charging capabilities……IMO go with the 220 volt system. Just like your home panel, you can always step down to 110/120 for all regular appliances, ect.

Personally, for the longevity of your equipment (in case the problem is long term), I'd never go less than Modified Sine! JMO memtb

Do ya need the charger aspect? I haven't studied them recently so I should stay away from offering any detailed info…..I'd probably be wrong! memtb
I'm just looking at possible advantage in charger aspect.
I was told a few years ago to look for something that will work and then double it!Better have it and not need it to needing it and not available is my thought.Like most of us,I am not rich but if I have to buy something expensive I don't want to wish I had gotten more.
Maybe my OCD coming out!

I'm just looking at possible advantage in charger aspect.
I was told a few years ago to look for something that will work and then double it!Better have it and not need it to needing it and not available is my thought.Like most of us,I am not rich but if I have to buy something expensive I don't want to wish I had gotten more.
Maybe my OCD coming out!

My OCD paranoia suggests "not putting all the eggs in one basket"! If one component goes bad (let's say the charger), does it render the whole unit bad? Again my paranoia rears it's ugly head!

That said…..I like the way you think! Survivalist slogan/motto……Two is one, one is none! Maybe we're all a bit paranoid! 😁 memtb

I really need to learn more than I know now but I am afraid something horrible will happen before I get it all together.
I think marketing depends on me and my paranoia.

Take a look at Survival Blog……Years of archived articles/information. I read the opening headline (this date stuff) every morning. There are also several other good sites, that can provide some good info.

Careful…..it can be quickly overwhelming! memtb

The biggest issue is for needed pharma to address serious health issues. All planning might just be aw crapola without needed drugs.

We all have discussed the survival "tools" but first aid, OTC drugs, prescriptions, wound care, ad nauseam is something most overlooked. No medical support becomes interesting when the use of sharp tools goes up as daily need to live. Simple lacerations can be life threatening. Anything beyond that is going to be good bye. Heck dental becomes vise grip responses! Owww

I am now going to refresh my first aid cert and look into off grid cert. Not sure dental will be considered other than needle nose vise grips!🤮

My OCD paranoia suggests "not putting all the eggs in one basket"! If one component goes bad (let's say the charger), does it render the whole unit bad? Again my paranoia rears it's ugly head!

That said…..I like the way you think! Survivalist slogan/motto……Two is one, one is none! Maybe we're all a bit paranoid! 😁 memtb
Always plan on having redundant parts and systems, Murphy will always come to visit so back up the backup

The biggest issue is for needed pharma to address serious health issues. All planning might just be aw crapola without needed drugs.

We all have discussed the survival "tools" but first aid, OTC drugs, prescriptions, wound care, ad nauseam is something most overlooked. No medical support becomes interesting when the use of sharp tools goes up as daily need to live. Simple lacerations can be life threatening. Anything beyond that is going to be good bye. Heck dental becomes vise grip responses! Owww

I am now going to refresh my first aid cert and look into off grid cert. Not sure dental will be considered other than needle nose vise grips!🤮
Several first aid kits and supplies. Vital prescription medications are vital.
I know that many might cringe at the thought but many of the vet supplies including injectable antibiotics can be used. Something to think about

This has been studied extensively and the estimates are that if there was a Carrington event or an EMP that completely took down the power grid in the US-

90% of the population would die off over the next year. Some estimate 95%.

Modern Man has become soft, and most have no skills to survive if the system collapses.
Start a list of local females just in case. It might make your last year a little better 😊.