What's with all the off topic, uneducated, responses??

I don't think it's young key board commandos as much as older commandos entrenched in their ways and opinions that have ZERO intention of learning or contributing anything, they just found a forum that isn't moderated heavily. You can tell them by the usual "I don't care about anyone or what they have to say, I'm right, your an idiot"
Personally I don't put anyone on ignore because there is usually something to learn from everyone if given a chance BUT recently it's been tempting.

I don't think it's young key board commandos as much as older commandos entrenched in their ways and opinions that have ZERO intention of learning or contributing anything, they just found a forum that isn't moderated heavily. You can tell them by the usual "I don't care about anyone or what they have to say, I'm right, your an idiot"
Personally I don't put anyone on ignore because there is usually something to learn from everyone if given a chance BUT recently it's been tempting.

True...maybe I shouldn't be so heavy fingered but man...some people!

Sorry I don't agree with you on the 22-250 comment. I have experience with everything from 22 rim fire to 375 H&H magnums on killing whitetails. So see yourself as part of the problem with this forum . You because you don't like the other guys opinion , dismiss it as no experience . Oh I didn't come to the same conclusions as you do I'm just talking nonsense . My opinion is based on 45 years of hunting and seeing what I have done and others as well! There are much better choices , that's not to say it can't be done ! You want to shoot a 22-250 for deer have at it Haus !
Aaaaand... This is exactly how threads get derailed. Shoot the guy a PM to disagree before running in, letting a big fart and running out of the room.

There is pretty well known standard forum etiquette that is not used much here.

Well first I would like to just say hi, because I just registered and this is my first post. I've been lurking here for several months and while I have seen some supporter or my opinion is the only way, it's not as prevalent here as other places I've seen! I've gained a lot of knowledge here because I'm new to the longrange stuff and most of the people here have a lot more knowledge than me, I hope someday I'll have the knowledge to contribute but until then thank you guys for helping us starters. While I may not know much I can tell usually who is trying to help and blow smoke, so don't get discouraged!

I remember when you had to buy a book to read about what others had done then try it out for yourself to see if it would work for you...now everyone wants an answer right now to their question and only wants what they want to hear.

Internet/social media --- this is how it works, use a bell curve to figure it all out? Most of the info is opinion anyway.

I like to hear what others have to say, I try to listen to all the opinions (tossing out the extremes) then try for myself and make my own opinion.

Internet is more convenient than books were, but books are much quieter. I still have lots of books and often buy new ones too.
First, I am quoting you because you have good points, nothing else.
Instant gratification is a big part of society. The info highway today is not a bad thing, what makes a writer from 50 yrs ago more right than ideas of today? There is black and white for sure, but we are experimenting with things today that would have gotten us laughed at yrs ago. There are tools, or programs today that make learning more fascinating.
As far as these forums go, I look at it no different than when we were kids growing up, we all had our own posse of pals, sooner or later it was infiltrated and the dynamics were altered, good or bad.
I'm sure this forum has transformed over time, that was inevitable with more members.
If anyone would compare this forum to snipers hide, there wouldn't be much complaining. At least "I shoot PRS, therefore I know" is not mentioned daily. Or, "I have a Auto throw, and my ES & SD numbers are negative zero based off the .0000000000000000000000000001gr resolution of my scale. Or my all time fav, "The Probability of a hit" based off the ab wez program. The probability of a hit is not where I want to be.
Carry on guys, the democratic party's foundation was not always based off total lunacy.

First, I am quoting you because you have good points, nothing else.
Instant gratification is a big part of society. The info highway today is not a bad thing, what makes a writer from 50 yrs ago more right than ideas of today? There is black and white for sure, but we are experimenting with things today that would have gotten us laughed at yrs ago. There are tools, or programs today that make learning more fascinating.
As far as these forums go, I look at it no different than when we were kids growing up, we all had our own posse of pals, sooner or later it was infiltrated and the dynamics were altered, good or bad.
I'm sure this forum has transformed over time, that was inevitable with more members.
If anyone would compare this forum to snipers hide, there wouldn't be much complaining. At least "I shoot PRS, therefore I know" is not mentioned daily. Or, "I have a Auto throw, and my ES & SD numbers are negative zero based off the .0000000000000000000000000001gr resolution of my scale. Or my all time fav, "The Probability of a hit" based off the ab wez program. The probability of a hit is not where I want to be.
Carry on guys, the democratic party's foundation was not always based off total lunacy.
Agreed , good points all.

This all seemed familiar somehow...then...YES...then I remembered.

"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"
"It could be carried by an African swallow!"
"Oh yes! An African swallow maybe ... but not a European swallow. That's my point."
"Oh yes, I agree there ..."

Aaaaand... This is exactly how threads get derailed. Shoot the guy a PM to disagree before running in, letting a big fart and running out of the room.

There is pretty well known standard forum etiquette that is not used much here.

Gusd brought it up first. The other guy gave his opinion on it. That's how it goes. Their arguments fit within the parameters of the OP. Not a derailment.

each thread on here is a fluid thing. Each post shifts the thread, be it only slightly, or by a big shift. Ultimately, if a comment doesn't fit into the thread just ignore it, or, use empirical evidence to dispute a claim. I think there are far too many on here that refuse to admit that they are wrong and perhaps the other person had a legit experience.

I think one of the problems is that most guys are not actually answering the OP's questions directly. The thread then gets derailed and starts heading in a different direction. ( Not necessarily bad,and it is the nature of forums)
Although I do find it to be an annoyance when the thread gets derailed by a comment that stems from misinformation/ignorance, or when the derailing comment stems from someone that misread or didn't take the time to read and understand previous posts.

I think one of the problems is that most guys are not actually answering the OP's questions directly. The thread then gets derailed and starts heading in a different direction. ( Not necessarily bad,and it is the nature of forums)
Although I do find it to be an annoyance when the thread gets derailed by a comment that stems from misinformation/ignorance, or when the derailing comment stems from someone that misread or didn't take the time to read and understand previous posts.
Don't take this wrong, but you may not be the right candidate to interview AOC. Going in, you must realize no choke holds allowed.
I've been on forums for about 10 yrs, the majority of questions or topics are solved within 3 posts, unless complex. The fun starts on page 2.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.