What's with all the off topic, uneducated, responses??

Gusd brought it up first. The other guy gave his opinion on it. That's how it goes. Their arguments fit within the parameters of the OP. Not a derailment.
Yes I bought it up to use as a point. In a thread started by me. If he wanted to give his opinion on the subject I was using for the point. It should have been posted on that thread.
There was no argument by me but his comment did not fit into the original parameters and was what I would consider a derailment attempt

Most threads give the OP a decent answer in the first 5-7 responses, then you need a GPS to figure what the actual topic was to start with. I wonder if the OP quote has to be in every response would help? Nah, what was I thinking? There are TROLLS everywhere and you just can't fix ignorance so don't even attempt to try.

I know I am always right so don't try to increase my knowledge on anything.....:eek::D

Yes I bought it up to use as a point. In a thread started by me. If he wanted to give his opinion on the subject I was using for the point. It should have been posted on that thread.
There was no argument by me but his comment did not fit into the original parameters and was what I would consider a derailment attempt
I should quit, but when one asks a question on forum, there are no filters. You could detail 5 parameters that are crucial for the decision to be made, 40% of the responses will be, "it works in my gun, what is your problem".
I blew a gasket on another forum by asking a simple question concerning the properties of a specific powder from users in the know. Along come Mr. Name Dropper with his usual outburst of stupidity, OMG. I had to delete the whole mess in 7 posts.

It is worse. Better shooting guns for less money, Anyone can throw together a decent medium to long range rig (At any age) and think there a sniper. Add in keyboard correction factor and limited knowledge becomes wisdom long before it used to...

Oh... and is a 22LR adequate for grizzly bear? Let me move my 458 win mag to use it.... REALLY!!!! :mad::rolleyes: <- This is not an actual question. For realz dawg.
Your statement 22LR for Grizz. Made me think of how many people on here in my opinion, build guns for accuracy that really aren't heavy enough for a lot of game they intend to use it for, and also, some would be OK for the animals if used at reasonable distances, but they seen to try and make a magnum rifle out of something that just won't do the job a magnum does. They seem to think that guns with ballistics far below those of the necessary magnum for the long range killing of certain game can be easily achieved with much smaller bullets as long as they are accurate . You do need accuracy for sure at long ranges, but you also need a bullet that has enough energy and speed when it gets there to adequately take care of business !

You just need to refine your BS meter. There is a wealth of good knowledge and experience here! You just need to sort it out.The one thing that got me at first was the entrenched self appointed rights some of the old members thought they had!
Bottom line Len and Andy are the only ones that have that! The rest of us are equal!

Well put.... I've been here since the early beginnings of this forum it seems that a lot of people seem to miss the point that all of us are equal except our administrators and God bless them for running one of the very best hunting forums on the net.

I hope I never get to where I feel or act like I'm one of the "entrenched ones" and if I do I hope someone will put a few knuckle bumps on my old hard head like in the old days and show me the err of my ways.

Let us ALL, even the newbies, be encouraged to voice our opinions and let us all treat even the rawest new people and their "dumb questions" with patience. You have to start somewhere. 50 years ago all I had was a patient gun shop owner and a couple of old loading manuals he recommended to give me a start in handloading and it was awfully hard to learn even the basics.

By the way.... I still am a raw newbie in handloading which is both an art and a science and probably the most complex part of my life right now as I still, 50 years later, am pursuing those elusive little tiny groups way out there.

LDH

Last edited:
I recently started a thread. The topic is unimportant. The truth is exactly as stated. One post went to there topic of the thread. However, given that answer another poster gave me what I actually needed even though it was off topic. I did have to read through several posts that made a fella wonder if the poster even actually understood the topic. They were kinda on topic but as has been said I think there was an effort to derail it, intentional or not.

This is still one of two forums I regularly visit. 6mmbr is the other. Threads like this are the entire reason why!

The "ignore" button has been the most helpful option available. It even adds some entertainment when I try to guess the stupid c r a p that was posted - based on the response that I do see.
Give it a try - you're blood pressure will thank you.
I've only had to use the ignore button once

I recently started a thread. The topic is unimportant. The truth is exactly as stated. One post went to there topic of the thread. However, given that answer another poster gave me what I actually needed even though it was off topic. I did have to read through several posts that made a fella wonder if the poster even actually understood the topic. They were kinda on topic but as has been said I think there was an effort to derail it, intentional or not.

This is still one of two forums I regularly visit. 6mmbr is the other. Threads like this are the entire reason why!
The only two I follow as well

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.