Get the popcorn out

My Dad used to say "if you don't call your shot, it doesn't count"🤣
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I had to go back and re read the OP to remember what we are discussing here.
So I'm curious, what will a 6.5 creedmoor do that my 7mm-08 can't?🤷‍♂️
Other than kill T-Rex's on the moon, more importantly, firing a creedmoor will make a bald middle aged man grow a man bun. And unless he pays close attention, his fingernails will spontaneously become painted and he'll be wearing bedazzled jeans and his radio presets will all be the latest hick hop country pandering music.

So there is a lot the creed can do that the 708 can't.

YES buddy , you're right. Its finally here!! A debate to end the .270Win vs 30-06 debate that's 40 years old. Now the 7/08 vs 6.5 creed. debate is in full swing. Thank God, we can now rest, make some popcorn and listen to the young folks thrash it out!!! By the way how did the 270 vs 06 debate ever turn out. I think most of us own both anyway. Don't we ????? LOL and just remember when they start bashing your favorite cartridge it's all just a question of 'Mind over Matter". If you don't Mind, it don't matter!!

That's exactly why people are buying the creedmoors. Just point and shoot. They are killin machines!

Can't swear to it's accuracy, as I read it on the internet, but it was told that a fella slipped, fell, and dropped his needmore as he was leaving his truck to start his elk hunt….the gun fired, killing the largest bull taken that season in that area! He might not have even known of his kill……but, there were multiple witnesses! memtb

Last edited:
I just refuse to jump on the bandwagon with everyone else. They have pushed the Creedmoor so much that it turned me off it.
Besides, there are many old school calibers that are just as good and some better than the Creedmoor and I already have most of those so I don't need one
I agree. A 264 win mag would be an old school 6.5 worth having. I've owned a creedmor. Killed everything I shot with it. But I actually sold it. The one and only gun I've ever sold lol. Just to slow for me and way over rated.

I purchased a Tikka super lite in 7mm-08 last year because I got one for my wife almost 20 years ago and it still is an accurate shooter.
Because of all the wisdom and knowledge from the generous folks here I've learned to hand load for accuracy and enjoy shooting a little farther than I used to.
Here comes the fun part, talking with some friends one day and they're telling me about their 6.5 creed's and I say oh I've got 7mm-08 that's a fun little shooter! And I immediately hear " Oh you need a 6.5"!!! So I asked what be the improvement over my 162 eldm's at 2640fps?
CRICKETS, none of em had an answer but 6.5'a are better.
So I'm curious, what will a 6.5 creedmoor do that my 7mm-08 can't?🤷‍♂️
I'm thinking if you get the LA bottom metal and seat those 162 gr out you might be able to get into the 2800 fps range.
No Way Wow GIF by NBA

Seriously, my wife looked at a rifle as a gift for me, an Mossberg MVP Precision model ( the one in the tactical chassis) and they had 2 at the store, only difference was caliber, 7.62N and 6.5 crdmr .

The only reason she chose the 7.62N was that I have years of reloading for it a ton of M14 magazines and 30 cal components and when the cartridge came out she asked and I said I already had 2 rounds that did the job and didn't see the need. 6.5x55 S and 7.62N.