Garmin Xero C1 Chrono

BCs at muzzle velocity are useless. Just like Parshal stated. It is why you can use most bcs advertised by manufactures other than Berger. You need an average BC over the shot distance and the BCs down range are far more important.

Yup Hornady uses their banded doppler derived BCs and they work great especially when using 4DOF. I have used them out to a mile.

Once the data is on the phone can you change the profile it is stored under?

IMG_3603.jpg

He said, yes

BCs at muzzle velocity are useless. Just like Parshal stated. It is why you can use most bcs advertised by manufactures other than Berger. You need an average BC over the shot distance and the BCs down range are far more important.
Haha..

You don't know what I know. Because you haven't ever collected the data I've collected. And used it like I've used it.

You probably still believe CFW'd barrels shed heat faster than plain steel barrels too. Because someone, somewhere, that manufactures and sells CFW barrels told you so.

Lots of places are sold out already on these. I ordered mine this morning from Scheels and it looks like they still have them in stock:

It does not provide downrange velocity.

Any BC data you manage to extrapolate at 100-200 yards is pretty useless once you get beyond 600 anyway given BC decay.
It's still useful for some people. Cast bullets don't come with a BC listed. Calculating BC from 0 and 100yd velocity has proven to be accurate enough to get them on paper at 500 for me, at which point I can true MV and have a good model. If you're only shooting commercial bullets the number on the box gets you close enough to do the same thing. Unless you're using something like AB's CDMs you're not going to have an accurate BC across the whole bullet flight anyway.

Saw this drop in my inbox this morning, didn't see any chatter over here on it.

Anyone have experience, or going grab one to try it out (and be a guinea pig)?
Hi Jeremy.

I have purchased one of these from Cabella's, I have not had the chance to use it yet. Initial impressions are light easy to use instructions, will do a range review as soon as I get a chance to take it out.

Haha..

You don't know what I know. Because you haven't ever collected the data I've collected. And used it like I've used it.

You probably still believe CFW'd barrels shed heat faster than plain steel barrels too. Because someone, somewhere, that manufactures and sells CFW barrels told you so.

Interestingly enough, Bartlein just told me the other day that you need to be very careful about the rate of fire in any CF barrel. There is just no surrounding steel to sink the heat away from the core. They said they are strictly "hunting barrels".

Interestingly enough, Bartlein just told me the other day that you need to be very careful about the rate of fire in any CF barrel. There is just no surrounding steel to sink the heat away from the core. They said they are strictly "hunting barrels".
It really depends on the fiber structure and resin used.

Recent Posts