Garmin Xero C1 Chrono

Have had a Magnetospeed for years and got a Labradar in a partial trade situation so don't really need a new Garmin so going to wait and see how they do. See if any hiccups or initial roll out problems. If not might eventually sell the Labradar but will always keep my Magnetospeed.

Xring and a couple other YouTubers released their videos on them after release today. Thing is amazingly simple and portable.

This is basically an AndiScan with a more readable screen and supported by a global company. I liked my AndiScan but didn't like the screen for my old eyes. Stayed with the Bulletseeker. I have one of these Garmins on the way, too.

Bet I'll end up giving away my Magnetospeed.

I can't find anything about downrange velocity collection with this Garmin unit. LabRadar collects and provides velocity at the muzzle, AND downrange, until its returning radar signal is too weak to calculate velocities.

I use that information to determine the BC of each bullet I shoot from my rifles.

Anyone know if this Garmin unit provides downrange velocities, in addition to the MV? Such as shown in this attached pic of velocity data provided by the Labradar?
Screenshot_20231019_142007_OneDrive.jpg

It does not provide downrange velocity.

Any BC data you manage to extrapolate at 100-200 yards is pretty useless once you get beyond 600 anyway given BC decay.
Pretty useless to who?

I start out with an accurate BC value for each bullet in each of my rifles, for the first 80-100 yards of bullet travel.

That seems useful. No? Just as important to the prediction of downrange dope as the MV.

Last edited:
Pretty useless to who?

I start out with an accurate BC value for each bullet in each of my rifles, for the first 80-100 yards of bullet travel.

That seems useful. No? Just as important to the prediction of downrange dope as the MV.
BCs at muzzle velocity are useless. Just like Parshal stated. It is why you can use most bcs advertised by manufactures other than Berger. You need an average BC over the shot distance and the BCs down range are far more important.

What is the appeal of this unit vs the FX airguns unit? Just curious. I think it is a bit dated at launch as it appears you must start new profiles on the unit opposed to in the app. The FX is more feature rich. Is it the cost? Size?

One of my shooting buddies bought one, here is his report today.

"Shooting with one of my former teammates here in CO... shot his dasher. "

"You turn it on. Set it down next to the gun and shoot. It logs everything into your phone. No lining anything up and no errors or missed shots or any false pickups. Between the two of us we shot about 150rds and no errors "

"We shot 308, dasher and 17 hmr. It'll work for anything from 30-5000fps"

One of my shooting buddies bought one, here is his report today.

"Shooting with one of my former teammates here in CO... shot his dasher. "

"You turn it on. Set it down next to the gun and shoot. It logs everything into your phone. No lining anything up and no errors or missed shots or any false pickups. Between the two of us we shot about 150rds and no errors "

"We shot 308, dasher and 17 hmr. It'll work for anything from 30-5000fps"
Once the data is on the phone can you change the profile it is stored under?

Mine should be delivered soon but I will be out of state hunting.

Finally convinced myself it was worth buying a labradar early this year and now this comes out…. I hate how big the labradar is…… maybe I'll be one of the guys taking on loss on the classifieds too😂😂 we'll see what people think in another year or so

Recent Posts