Chrono accuracy

With the desire to have very accurate velocity info I broke down and bought a 35p. After two of the lower priced chronographs consuming a lot of time and living with uncertainty and inconsistency , I should have bought one in the first place. It was a false economy.

opinions will vary. I simply set mine up and leveled it in two directions till it was level with the shooting plain. Nothing else, and about fifteen minutes involved. Only folks I know that fiddle with them are the folks that are not sure what they have.
gary

I had a Chrony Beta Master for a long time. It was the worst piece of junk I could have spent my money on. It was consistently wrong and by the time I noticed it I was getting abnormal readings of 150-200 fps..

I trashed it and purchased the Pro Chrono Digital with the remote box and could not be happier. It will even read a rubberband gun in the den lights. It was under $200 total and the best chronograph money I have ever spent.

I also had an Oehler 35P but it was way too much set-up hassle and not very accurate or reliable. I once considered another 35P but they can't ever decide who is worthy enough to purchase their products.

The Pro Chrono is good stuff !!
Competition Electronics ProChrono Digital Chronograph - MidwayUSA

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.