From Nightforce - TS-82™ Xtreme Hi-Def™ Spotting Scope

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
April 2013/For immediate release

TS-82™ Xtreme Hi-Def™ Spotting Scope: a First from Nightforce

Nightforce Optics, Inc, has announced its first-ever spotting scope, the TS-82™ Xtreme Hi-Def™ 20-70x. It is guaranteed to not only meet, but exceed, the quality, resolution, brilliance and fidelity of the most highly respected existing European spotting scopes.
APO fluorite glass, used in only the most advanced optics, provides truer, more brilliant colors. The TS-82™ produces crisp, razor-sharp resolution with no distortion from edge to edge, and vivid, ultra-high-contrast images. An 82mm objective lens and distinctive internal prism design provides maximum light transmission, as opposed to mirrors which absorb critical light rays. The prism design is also easy on the eye, reducing eye fatigue; allowing for extended observing time.
Proprietary Nightforce lens coatings aid in contrast and brightness. A hydrophobic coating also immediately sheds water without leaving residue, and helps repel fingerprints and smudges.
The TS-82™ allows attachment of an iPhone® 4 or 5, allowing high-resolution photos or videos of shooting sessions, wildlife, birds, or any faraway object. Available with either straight or angled design eyepieces, its aluminum body provides ruggedness and thermal stability, and the TS-82™ is thoroughly shock tested and waterproof. An optional wide-angle 30-60x eyepiece is also available.
"Our customers have asked for many years when we would introduce a spotting scope," said Kyle Brown, Director of Sales and Marketing for Nightforce. "The answer was, 'at a time when we could produce a spotting scope equivalent in performance and quality to Nightforce riflescopes.' That time is now."
The TS-82™ Xtreme Hi-Def™ 20-70x spotting scope has an MSRP of roughly $2,600. For more information, visit Nightforce Optics, Inc. | Precision Optics for Precision Shooting or call 208.476.9814.
# # #
NightforceTS-82 SpottingScope.jpg

I love my kowa with the flourite glass. But if I had the money I think I would get one of these. Of course thats after I bought the beast scope for my gun.

That thing is nice might have to drop some money and get that. I wouldn't be able to use it after my wife killed me for buying more gun stuff though :D

With the price being what it is, I wonder what the glass quality is going to be like compared to the European spotting scopes?

Mac

It says Nightforce on it.....That's all you should need to know about the glass. And with a pricetag like that, it HAS to be just as good, or better glass than the NXS scopes.

We will be publishing a review on it as soon as we can get one. I assume it will take a while.

Very Nice, I only pray it will one day be offered with a NP-R1 or a MOAR reticle in it as an option. Talk about the ultimate long range spotter!!lightbulb :cool:

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.