Trijicon®, Inc. Goes Long-Range with TARS™ High-Performance RifleScope

I think the military helps in getting the kind of optics we look at on the table. Unfortunately the US Gov has a bigger budget than us. Stinks doesn't it. In the end, we get access to the technology at a reasonable price but not until these companies lose their military contracts, then they discount them. Nightforce still seems the best bang for the buck for a while. I was surprised to see the weight of this Trijicon so high. For that kind of money, I'd expect it to be lighter. That would be a breakthrough for scopes.

It's very heavy according to Andy but I believe it's 27 not 47.

Even 27 is too heavy.

I personally believe Trijicon cares less if they sell civillian or not. Their consumer line IMO, is just for wallpaper and to keep them viable as a common supplier to the public. Their real business is military through the DOD, ehere tax dollars in the hands of people who don't care what the cost is because they aren't spending their money, they are spending yours.

The have a fancy-dan place on Wixom Road, surrounded by a chain link fence and no sign of any retail showroom, in fact, nothing that resembles a public entrance.

When and if the gummit contracts dry up, they will come down to earth and become competitive in the marketplace. They will have to or cease to exist. Then, and only then, will Trijicon be a viable player. They certainly aren't now.

All the 'buzz word' names leave me confused anyway. Like the Leupold Hamr or whatever it is.

I got a belly full of buzz words and catchy phrasing riding Japanese motorcycles in the 80's and 90's. The Japanese were masters of catchy phrasing.

Trijicon makes it money on government contracting as a frst tier supplier to the DOD so any and all civillain sales aren't really predicated on if a product is priced competitively or if it is actually a viable product. It's more like we will throw this out there and see if it is accepted by the public and becomes profitable.

Most optical makers that operate in the consumer realm can't do that and survive.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.