Flattest Shooting Hunting Bullet 257 Weatherby Vanguard 26" pipe

I mean physically a longer heavier bullet. I'm sure the BJ131 will live a long time. When Sierra sees how many of them they are making maybe they will design there own.
I would love to see a 100 gr accubond stretched to the length of a 120 so it can have a vld front section. The killing power of the 257bee with 100gn bullet at 3600fps is phenomenal.
Shep

1-7.25" for my 25-284 works great with the 131 at 3150 FPS.
Ya I did the research a while back and figured a 7.5 would work even at 2800 fps. Just ran the numbers again thru the calculator at 800' asl. Gives me a 162 and with 3150 a 169. I'm pretty solid on twist rate. Thanks. John

Is that coating equivalent to moly ? Never shot those bullets. Why not just buy Nosler Ballistic tips if there the same bullet minus the coating ?
If you stay up it's not bad I usually clean after every hunting season and lube for summer. So not a big deal but mainly cause they look cool! 🙂

If you stay up it's not bad I usually clean after every hunting season and lube for summer. So not a big deal but mainly cause they look cool! 🙂
I think I'll pass on the coated bullets. Eventually the Nosler BTs will show up. I have 1000- 131 Blackjacks to play with. Just want some eldx or BTs for deer at short to mid ranges.

Love to see Berger bring out a 135-140+/-.
They are working on something I hear. I think it was supposed to be released at shot show this year, but that probably won't happen with covid. I hope they just release it and get it on the market asap. I don't know what the final weight is supposed to be though.

My Creed 1000 yard gun is 5.1 at 1000. But my 257wby is 5.9. that's what the much higher bc does for you. .690 for my Creed and . 520 for the bee. The bee starts 500fpsfaster too

Shep

The Bee is only 500 FPS faster?

A 147eldm at 2950 and a bibb 110 at 3450. If my math is right then yes 500 fps. I know I can shoot a 100 gn at 3700 but the 147 would just flat out enialate it numbers wise at 1000 yards. I was just showing how bc numbers can dramatically change a bullets performance at long range. This is why we want more high bc bullets to extend the range of the 257s.
Shep

Every one I've loaded for except 1 got at least 2900 with 140 class bullets and rl26. There is a whole thread on creeds and rl26 on this site. I just happen to shoot 1000s of 147eldms so I buy them in bulk and it's about the only bullet I've been using. I am going to try the Berger 153.5 this yr and see if it shoots smaller at 1k.
Shep

I use to have a 257Wby and shot the nos 115 grn balistic tips. Its what Wby used to factory load. I took a goat at 500yrds. Bullet went through ribs and off side shoulder. About a quarter size exit hole. Goat was dead on its feet. I also took a mule deer at 300yrds with same load. Bullet almost exited. Bullet was turned inside out. I would think the 110 or a 115 would do the job just fine. My wife shoots an 87grn VLD out of her 243. I also shot another goat at 247yrds and the 115 put bigger hole in that one on exit. If you had a tighter twist barrel there is a 131g or a 130ish bullet made by someone just don't remember. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.