Flattest Shooting Hunting Bullet 257 Weatherby Vanguard 26" pipe

ButterBean ain't jokin about how hard that Lubilox is to clean though. Think long and hard about your dedication to staying on top of it because even when you clean regularly it seems like that shtuff will never come out.
I kid you not, 7 days for 2 hrs a day, 1 bag of patches 6 bronze brushes and every cleaning compound you can name and i still didn't get it all out but with that being said it was around 500 rounds without a cleaning

I think the results you got were great because of the bullet design. I do wish a heavier eldx would come out for the 257 caliber. The .465 bc isn't terrible but comparing it to the 108(6mm) bullet at .536, it's not great. Something like a 125-130 eldx would really make the 257 shine. Popularity means alot. Demand also.
If Hornady ever drops a 25 Creedmoor twisted and throated appropriately you'd see a heavy for Cal Eld x and m.
Your starting to see manufactures cater towards the heavy for Cal crowd regardless of the millions of obsolete slow twisted rifles out there(except Remington, they're holding strong). Nosler, Berger and Winchester just dipped their toe into heavy .277 which everyone would be quick to tell you no MFG would touch because too many factory 270 wins wont stabilize blah blah blah...

The best bullet you can run in your 10 twist 257wby is the 110 Bibbs. They have a .520 bc and kill like lightning. Give Randy Robinette a call and see if he can hook you up.
Shep
These look like a great option but his website says unavailable until further notice and they are only listed by the thousand. Hopefully Randy would be willing to sell a trial pack before committing to buy a thousand bullets...?

If Hornady ever drops a 25 Creedmoor twisted and throated appropriately you'd see a heavy for Cal Eld x and m.
Your starting to see manufactures cater towards the heavy for Cal crowd regardless of the millions of obsolete slow twisted rifles out there(except Remington, they're holding strong). Nosler, Berger and Winchester just dipped their toe into heavy .277 which everyone would be quick to tell you no MFG would touch because too many factory 270 wins wont stabilize blah blah blah...
If the future holds what it looks like for Remington, there won't be a Remington after this summer. Unfortunate but looks like a reality. The heavy bullet thing is what it is. Been waiting on heavy for caliber .277 and .25 for a long time. Berger answered with the .277 and the newest .257 Blackjacks showed up. No telling what will come next. If I had to guess, I'd say Hornady or Nosler would be my guess.

If the future holds what it looks like for Remington, there won't be a Remington after this summer. Unfortunate but looks like a reality. The heavy bullet thing is what it is. Been waiting on heavy for caliber .277 and .25 for a long time. Berger answered with the .277 and the newest .257 Blackjacks showed up. No telling what will come next. If I had to guess, I'd say Hornady or Nosler would be my guess.
Id put my money behind Hornady, Nosler seems to want to only drop new stuff in conjunction with Nosler Cartridges and I don't foresee them dropping a quarter bore any time soon.

Drock in the past buying from Randy you only had to get them by the 250 pack. He's going to let me know when he's going to run them. I have plenty to last me now that I moved to 6.5. But we all might be in for a shortage for a long time to come. Everytime Biden even says the word gun supplies are going to fly off the shelf.
Shep

Drock in the past buying from Randy you only had to get them by the 250 pack. He's going to let me know when he's going to run them. I have plenty to last me now that I moved to 6.5. But we all might be in for a shortage for a long time to come. Everytime Biden even says the word gun supplies are going to fly off the shelf.
Shep
Thanks for the info. I am prepared for the drouth but always gonna be looking for something new or to improve upon what I have. I have been looking for a 25 cal bullet with a better bc for years that would shoot in a 10 twist. This seems like what I've been looking for-- just bad timing on the discovery. Would you consider this bullet for hunting purposes based on your experience with it?

There is a point of no gain in making bullets longer. The 131 already needs a 7 twist at 3000 fps. Much more twist than that and bullets fly apart from too much RPM. Even if you go to solids more twist equals more pressure. The 131 is probably just right in the size it can go too. We just need gun companies to start putting 7 to 8 twist barrels on all the 257 anything's. Then the bullets will come. Interesting to see what happens to the 277 bullets now that Winchester is doing an 8 twist. Will all the companies make a bullet for it? Time will tell. But I'm getting old so hurry up please.
Shep

Drock this Bibb kills like lightning. Me and a bunch of friends shoot this for hunting and the Barnes ttsx. For most of the hunting I do I use the ttsx because it has less blood shot meat. Even if you shoot a deer in the ribs the skin is loose for 12 to 15 inches around the hole. But the Bibb turns the insides into soup.
Shep

There is a point of no gain in making bullets longer. The 131 already needs a 7 twist at 3000 fps. Much more twist than that and bullets fly apart from too much RPM. Even if you go to solids more twist equals more pressure. The 131 is probably just right in the size it can go too. We just need gun companies to start putting 7 to 8 twist barrels on all the 257 anything's. Then the bullets will come. Interesting to see what happens to the 277 bullets now that Winchester is doing an 8 twist. Will all the companies make a bullet for it? Time will tell. But I'm getting old so hurry up please.
Shep
I hope not, I ordered a 7.5 twist barrel for mine based on the Blackjack website.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.