Fierce Firearms - Any Thoughts

Extracted from the LRH store (Best Long Range Hunting Rifles - Ready To Ship)

Extracted from Kirby Allen's site (General Price List) ...

Factory rifles ...

SAKO 5-shots 1 MOA guarantee >>> Manufacturing | SAKO

(CZ-USA CZ Ultimate Hunting Rifle, .300 Win. Mag. 1:10 - CZ-USA)

I venture to say that most smith here can guarantee a .5 MOA at 100 yards and if not, they won't last long in the business.
I said "THAT I"M AWARE OF"... I don't own a CZ or a Sako, and have never been to Kirby's site, or used any of the smiths outside of Alabama, or bought a rifle from Len... So, I guess your attempt at discrediting my post, was in vain, because it was a response based on personal knowledge (or my lack thereof when it came to any brand of rifle I did not mention in my post) and not of fact. :rolleyes:

I said "THAT I"M AWARE OF"... I don't own a CZ or a Sako, and have never been to Kirby's site, or used any of the smiths outside of Alabama, or bought a rifle from Len... So, I guess your attempt at discrediting my post, was in vain, because it was a response based on personal knowledge (or my lack thereof when it came to any brand of rifle I did not mention in my post) and not of fact. :rolleyes:

Are you serious? Where did I offend you? If you misconstrue my attempt to provide you information as highlighted and you seem to have the need to feel discredited instead of some enlightenment then that's your problem not mine.

If you were sincere, then my appologies. But you have to understand why I'm a little gun-shy, since for the last several months, no matter what I've said, done, or tried to help someone, I've caught crap for it from every angle.

But if you were being sincere in your attempt to educate, then I'm not above appologising for taking it wrong.

It's all good. I learn early on that there's always somebody here that is more knowledgeable and more experience than I am; most of them are always willing and able to help.

When I learn something new or been corrected, I am simply grateful and move on ... but that's just me.

Its not always easy to convey "tone" or "lack of attitude" via typing... moving on though.

Of the 1/2moa gun builders, how do the prices compare? And how many are on custom actions which the fierce firearms is.

I wonder how much those fierce actions can be had for, and how they compare to stillers?

Its not always easy to convey "tone" or "lack of attitude" via typing... moving on though.

Of the 1/2moa gun builders, how do the prices compare? And how many are on custom actions which the fierce firearms is.

I wonder how much those fierce actions can be had for, and how they compare to stillers?

I couldn't imagine they would be in the same league as Stiller but that is a guess. Looks like they are patterned after a Sako style action.
Hopefully someone will come along that owns one of these rifles and we can get a first hand account.
If i had the bucks i'd like to have one of Len's rifles or a Defiances Edge. Those will have to wait for now.

I couldn't imagine they would be in the same league as Stiller but that is a guess. Looks like they are patterned after a Sako style action.
Hopefully someone will come along that owns one of these rifles and we can get a first hand account.
If i had the bucks i'd like to have one of Len's rifles or a Defiances Edge. Those will have to wait for now.

Sounds hard enough to find one owner, but I'd like to hear from a gunsmith or machinist that has had hands on to give us an idea of the tolerances. That would give us an idea of where to "rank", so to speak, the action compared to the market.

Personally if I were on the market for a gun right now I think I would be in your position and thinking very hard about this. I would have called them already, maybe even ask if they have any customers near you to handle their rifle. Never know till you ask.

Looks like they are in Utah, based on the website. Maybe someone here lives close enough to check them out.

Back on track here:rolleyes: For about $2000 essentially you get a custom Sako 85. There are much worse ways to spend your money. They make the actions, stock and barrel in house (according to them).

I handled one at a camp in CO last fall. A light weight 300 WM. Fit and finish was good, action was smooth.

I think we will see a trend of traditional rifle makers following this model. They are losing sales to custom builders...so why not offer barrel length, contour and twist options? Stock options?

Just my $.02.

Jon

I own a couple, also own a allen mag, and defensive edge. They shoot better than .5 forsure, but there fit and finish isnt in the same league as kirby or shawn's guns Jmo

I own a couple, also own a allen mag, and defensive edge. They shoot better than .5 forsure, but there fit and finish isnt in the same league as kirby or shawn's guns Jmo

And at $2200 vs $5000+ I would hope so. Not apples to apples...

Thanks, and since you own a couple i assume they must be a good value for the cost. The one i'm looking at has a muzzle break and i believe OAL barrel length to be 26" and 23" without the break. My concern is velocity loss and affect on energy and bullet path. Might save my money and go with a tried and true builder/brand.
Any other comments you might have on the Fierce would be appreciated.

I got delivery of my Carbon Edge in 300 RUM a couple of weeks ago. Just been very busy but I am planning a day at the range next Sunday (4/19) so will report back on my findings.
I will be shooting Noslar 210 LR Accubonds, Custom loaded 210 Bergers, and Fierce recommended Barnes TSX factory loads.
Overall my first impressions are good. The fit and finish is good not as perfect as some of my other custom rifles but the price tag is much lower. I pulled the stock to mount a Atlas pic rail and saw that the stock is foam filled both in the forend and butt stock.
The trigger is acceptable. Not as crisp as a Jewel or Timney. Sako triggers where never know to be that great. Fit of the barrel to the receiver and muzzle break is perfect. It's going to be a hunter so if it's accurate will make or break it.
I put on a Seekins one piece mount and rings. It takes Remington bases. Then topped it off with a Nightforce 3.5-15 NXS MOAR. My range is 500 yards so will be shooting various distance and at the same time truing the G7 RF.
More to come.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.