Fierce Firearms - Any Thoughts

Fishkat

I've been debating the purchase of a Fierce Edge 7MM I can pick up at a reasonable price. Their is not much on the web I can find as far as real life reviews just some bashing for not being able to deliver orders in a timely fashion.
I'm looking for an out of the box accurate rifle much like the Cooper for a reasonably priced, semi custom gun.
Any thoughts, experience and or alternative brands would be appreciated.

CT EDGE

hope this link works. From what i have been able to find out they do make their barrels (in Canada) stocks and receivers/action in house but I don't know where. Apparently one of the owners also runs/own a hunting magazine company as well as the stock company and I believe the barrel company which moved at some time from Montana to Canada. I believe their barrel guy came from another company that specializes in carbon wrapped barrels.

John mogle used to work for Christensen arms. He now owns fierce. Their rifles seem to shoot very well.

Thanks CAhunter I have yet to find any info on the web reviewing how they shoot, good to hear that they might do well.

They offer a guaranteed 3-shot ½-MOA group at 100 yards... Sounds like a pretty **** good guarantee to me. Better than any other guarantee I'm aware of on the market. A high-end Weatherby will cost you as much as these rifles, and they only guarantee 1.5" at 100... Remington 1.5"... Cooper and Dakota offer simply a sub-MOA guarantee (which means .999" or less at 100).

I don't know anyone else who offers a ½-MOA guarantee period, even on custom rifles.

Thanks Mudrunner2005, I agree that the .5 MOA would be nice. My only hesitation is that no one seems to have any first hand experience with one and I'm not sure I want to be the first to report.

Those who do own one must be happy. People don't bitch when everything is good, and those who do are called women.

Unfortunitly sometimes my little head does the thinking.......and I'm trying to avoid making the same mistake with my big head on the next gun purchase however those are a lot less costly..

They offer a guaranteed 3-shot ½-MOA group at 100 yards... Sounds like a pretty **** good guarantee to me. Better than any other guarantee I'm aware of on the market. A high-end Weatherby will cost you as much as these rifles, and they only guarantee 1.5" at 100... Remington 1.5"... Cooper and Dakota offer simply a sub-MOA guarantee (which means .999" or less at 100).

I don't know anyone else who offers a ½-MOA guarantee period, even on custom rifles

Extracted from the LRH store (Best Long Range Hunting Rifles - Ready To Ship)

These custom precision long range hunting rifles are meticulously assembled by and built with the best component parts from some of our many trusted LRH Sponsors.They come with a 1/2 inch, 3 shot, 100 yard accuracy guarantee. But most of my customers achieve groups better than that as shown in the sample of target pictures to the right.
Extracted from Kirby Allen's site (General Price List) ...

-Accuracy test at 1200 yards and prove capable of 1/2 moa accuracy potential
Factory rifles ...

SAKO 5-shots 1 MOA guarantee >>> http://www.sako.fi/manufacturing

The CZ Ultimate Hunting Rifle (UHR) is a CZ 550-based rifle in .300 Winchester Magnum that comes in at 8 lbs, and includes a minute of angle accuracy guarantee to 600 yards. By maintaining quality control standards unheard of in the industry, the UHR delivers a level of accuracy formerly only available from high-end custom rifle gunsmiths.
(http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-ultimate-hunting-rifle-300-win-mag-110/)

I venture to say that most smith here can guarantee a .5 MOA at 100 yards and if not, they won't last long in the business.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.