Fierce Firearms - Any Thoughts

There are some very questionable negative statements in the thread. I will not comment on delivery time frames but I have handled several Fierce rifles in all models and would never say fit and finish was poor. My CT Edge is awesome. I also have to question the statement about poor ejection. It has a mechanical ejector. I can not even fathom how it would not eject. You pull the bolt back the brass flies out, pretty simple. The comments about accuracy are also strange to me. They give you a test target and a guarantee they stand by. If you are going to make claims about poor accuracy please back it up with correspondence from them. Mine shoots the ammo they said it would(test target). I verified it. I also development my own load with the bullet I prefer and it is every bit as accurate as any custom I've owned. I would not hesitate to buy another or recommend them. I do personally think the trigger should be capable of being adjusted lower but most would be fine with it. I will most likely replace the brake with a side discharge(they now make one). I think the action is my favorite, the dbm is excellent, and the stocks are great. It would be hard to build a rifle to compete with the Edge for the price. I know you could stick a barrel on a 700 and slap it in a stock for less but it would not be on par.

I have an edge in 28 nosler and it shoots factory 160 accubonds .5" all day. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

The 2 shot group in the picture is 330 yards

Attachments

• IMG_20170730_121319381.jpg
    IMG_20170730_121319381.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 230
I recently purchased a fury model for around $2000. The fit and finish are better than average.It seems to be a Sako clone as far as trigger and action. I've also had trouble getting mine to group, I've used retumbo, 7828, H100 with several bullet weights. The
Chamber has a long throat, much like a weatherby so if you seat close to the lands
The shells won't fit the magazine. I'm going to do more testing before I swap it off.
JustFYI

I recently purchased a fury model for around $2000. The fit and finish are better than average.It seems to be a Sako clone as far as trigger and action. I've also had trouble getting mine to group, I've used retumbo, 7828, H100 with several bullet weights. The
Chamber has a long throat, much like a weatherby so if you seat close to the lands
The shells won't fit the magazine. I'm going to do more testing before I swap it off.
JustFYI
What cartridge? Fierce uses SAAMI chambers.

MY RIFLE IS CHAMBERED IN .300 RUM which makes it borderline too long. I've tried
Nosler custom ammo that grouped about 1.5" at 100 yds. Handloads can be seated at about 3.70 OAL and still fit the mag. I'm considering loading long and using the rifle
As a single shot.I've tried retumbo, H1000, RL-25 and mag pro with little success.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because I love the rifle itself.

MY RIFLE IS CHAMBERED IN .300 RUM which makes it borderline too long. I've tried
Nosler custom ammo that grouped about 1.5" at 100 yds. Handloads can be seated at about 3.70 OAL and still fit the mag. I'm considering loading long and using the rifle
As a single shot.I've tried retumbo, H1000, RL-25 and mag pro with little success.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because I love the rifle itself.

I would not shoot a RUM in anything other than a 700 or clone with a Wyatt box but it's too late for that. If I were you I would get some Berger 215s and try the Berger seating depth test.

I would try some handloads with a barnes ttsx or lrx, seated .050" off the lands to start. Fierce seems to get some good accuracy with the barnes bullets.

I have fondled two fierce that had fit and finish issues, bottom metal proud of the stock, wavering stock waterline along the action. Machining marks that were pretty visible. When you get to $3500 you dont expect those things. My fierce ti has a ridgeline in the bottom of every flute- using a worn cutter... also the flutes not indexed drives my ocd nuts. The ejection issues are the same as a sako 85- the ejection angle is to steep and the brass contacts the scope turrets on the way out depending on scope positioning.

That said I love the stock pattern, the rifle is also pretty darned accurate. It is my "go to" rifle for hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.