Fierce Firearms

Greg Duerr

Just saw these rifles today and have never heard of them. They claim .5 MOA

has anyone used there rifles or heard of them...........they sound pretty solid from what I have read so far.

I have an edge in 28 nosler and it will out shoot me any day with factory 160 accubonds. I shot a .5" 2 shot group at 330 yards one day, probaly mostly luck! I really like the rifle, love the action. It's really nice to carry and feels good in my hands. Mine has a type of rubber overmold to the stock also. I fell it's a solid rifle, one I will probably never sell, and I go through them often. I killed a dandy bull last year with it at 280 yards off my pack.
My only complaint is that thier customer sucks, I've called a few times and I always hang up irritated. That has kept me from buying another, but that's the only reason I haven't bought another. All in all I fell it's a great rifle and does shoot excellent

Customer service is only so-so, and I would only buy one if its on the shelf at a shop. I had a rough time getting my edge ti, several promise dates missed, and once the second date was missed poof- communication gone. And I was much more polite than most would be after laying down a big deposit.

That said the rifle is pretty good, the fit and finish isn't what you would get from a top smith (barrel flutes not indexed, bottom metal proud of the stock) but the rifle does shoot! mine is a 26nos and has punched some great groups- the 127lrx is a consistent inder half moa rifle. I popped a bedded elk at 519 with it, lifted his head and tipped over and never flinched after that. Balances well, reasonable weight and pretty accurate.

I believe that there have been 2 other threads on here about them in the last 2-3 yrs or so. Like mentioned above customer service is poor. If its on the shelf great. Custom orders may take 2 times as long as they originally say. Some very unhappy people over missed delivery dates. General consensus is they should shoot pretty well as a rule.
Bruce

I ordered a 28 nosler edge lh. I was told 3-6 months before it would be ready. I waited a year and hadn't heard anything so i called them. They told me they didnt even have any left handed actions made yet. Asked them for a refund and was told i would lose my $500 deposit. They said i would have it in 3-6 months.

6 months later i call them I get told the action has a serial number and it would be another 3 months. I had a cow elk hunt coming up and told them I need the rifle for that hunt. They of course said I would have it in time. So I call them when I get back from that cow hunt and was told that the action still has a serial number and that is it. I again asked for a refund and was told I would have to talk to John the owner but he was out of the country hunting. So I waited two more months finally talked to John and got a refund.

My Brother has and edge in 7wsm and it shoots .5 groups but his savage is more accurate and costs a 1/3 of the price. I won't ever consider a fierce rifle because of the customer service.

It really is a shame their customer service sucks cause thier rifles sure shoot. I shot this group today at 330 yards with factory Nosler 175 accubond LR. 3/4". I have had the same results with the factory 160 Accubonds
28 nosler 330 yards.jpg

I'll kept building these savage until they start guaranteeing.25 MOA. I can get .5 by building them myself for way less and zero customer service issues.

I ordered a 28 nosler edge lh. I was told 3-6 months before it would be ready. I waited a year and hadn't heard anything so i called them. They told me they didnt even have any left handed actions made yet. Asked them for a refund and was told i would lose my $500 deposit. They said i would have it in 3-6 months.

6 months later i call them I get told the action has a serial number and it would be another 3 months. I had a cow elk hunt coming up and told them I need the rifle for that hunt. They of course said I would have it in time. So I call them when I get back from that cow hunt and was told that the action still has a serial number and that is it. I again asked for a refund and was told I would have to talk to John the owner but he was out of the country hunting. So I waited two more months finally talked to John and got a refund.

My Brother has and edge in 7wsm and it shoots .5 groups but his savage is more accurate and costs a 1/3 of the price. I won't ever consider a fierce rifle because of the customer service.

I'll kept building these savage until they start guaranteeing.25 MOA. I can get .5 by building them myself for way less and zero customer service issues.
If that works for you great. I have had more Savages than I can count and currently have 3. They are difficult to get sub 7lbs which is a concern for me carrying in the backcountry.

I've had a pile of savages as well, all untouched and they have all been shooters. I'm a big fan of savage rifles and all though they shoot they lack the craftsmanship, quality, feel or whatever you wanna call it of higher end rifles such as a fierce, cooper and the like. Unfortunately for me and my wallet I have come to greatly appreciate these features after owning a few of these higher end rifles and have become hooked on them!

Re-starting this thread.....

What the heck am I doing wrong? I just got a 28 Nosler Edge. I've now got over 200 rounds down the tube with 180 Hybrids & 175 EH using Retumbo, 8133, and 7977, and cannot get much better than 1 moa at 200 (.75moa is the best, with both bullets at about 0.070 jump; most groups 1-1.3 moa). I've run through the Berger seating refinement, then testing charge weights. I'm using Redding master hunter dies, with a .314 bushing. Necks are turn just slightly to clean up, with tension about 2.5 thou based on loaded case. Dies are set in a Redding T7 with a bit of cam-over, per Broz' videos on LRO, and using Redding Pro shell holders to give me just enough re-size on the FL die to allow clean bolt close. I am keeping the barrel religiously clean. I've checked the rifle, set the actions screws at 70in-lb, cleaned up a couple light-touching spots in the barrel channel. Shooting VX6 3-18 in bedded Talley mounts. Pretty much seems no matter what, I'm at ~1+ moa. And, fwiw, accuracy nodes seem very narrow, like 0.3 - 0.5 gr. I still have further testing to do with above powders & 175 EH & ABLR next week.

I've got a bighorn sheep hunt, and elk/deer coming up in 2 weeks in MT. To say I'm getting frustrated with a $2700 rifle would be an understatement.

Any input from our fellow shooters here would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Stan

It really is a shame their customer service sucks cause thier rifles sure shoot. I shot this group today at 330 yards with factory Nosler 175 accubond LR. 3/4". I have had the same results with the factory 160 Accubonds

Great shooting, congrats!! Curious, what is the COAL on those 175 ABLR?

A customer gave me a .338 Lapua in their Edge model to see if I can get it to shoot. Shoots 3" groups at 100 yards with everything I put through it. He called them and asked what they shot for their .5" moa guarantee, and they told him Hornady Precision Hunter... that shoots about 2".
If I wasn't so busy building .250" moa rifles, at half the price of this thing, I would have sent it back already...
The rifle I built him shoots inside of itself at 100 yards, and easy .5" moa at 500 yards.
Overpriced, and overrated in my opinion!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.