FFP scope for an elk rifle

How about Riton? Good glass and less expensive?
I'll be honest I don't know anything about them. The 7 Conquer 3-18×50 meets what I'm looking for on paper (except locking elevation but I've already conceded that wasn't a need) but it's 31 oz too. And it looks like that runs $999 for the mil-hash reticle so not less expensive. Do you think it's better than the LRHS?

Look ta Burris Veracity -30mm
4x20x--50mm $665.72 Midway is 799.00
5x25x--50mm $754.56 Midway is 899.00
+ Shipping

If interested Call me 708-417-0898 Don I am a Burris dealer and Steiner
They are quality scopes i use them for elk hunting ever year

Vortex Viper PSTGen2 3-15FFP. Solid zerostop on elevation turret, reticle is good at low mag, nice illumination if needed. I was a little nervous about the uncapped windage, but never found it moved in 2 weeks of bumping around, in and out of pack scabbard.

Attachments

• 20211010_134643.jpg
    20211010_134643.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
As they say, you are entitled to your opinion, but facts are facts!

Seriously, was hoping you'd substantiate your opinion with the reasons you find it to be superior.
Waste my time getting into a back forth with someone over a difference of opinion is a waste of my time. Opinion's are like 2-spots, we've all got 1😉

All my customs are topped with Nightforce Optics…got a Beast, couple NXS's, couple NX8's & a cheap SHV! 🤷‍♂️

For the OP, based on his list of options…the Razor LHT is the best in my opinion based off of my experience with those particular optics. 👌

Have a blessed evening Good Sir, maybe you can get into a pee'in match with your boyfriends…not gonna happen with me partna 😘

I was split between the LHT and the LRHS. But the lucky appearance of an LRHSi in the classifieds, it's extremely proven record, the lower price, and especially your high opinions of it convinced me to go for it. There are certainly a lot of good options out there. Thank you all.

I'm confused about this, what Bushnell calls the RevLimiter is on the LRHS and sounds like a zero stop. What is it you're saying the LRHS doesn't have? The LRHS is my top choice now, trying to see if there are any deal breakers.

Edit: if you mean no turret lock, yeah that's a bummer but not a deal breaker. Shouldn't have put it on my requirements list in hindsight.
I have owned and hunted with a LRHS and a LRSTi for several years. Never had a turret move that I didn't dial.

Hi guys. I know there are lots of similar threads and I've read many of them. But spending other people's money is fun, right? I'm looking for a scope to put on my .284 Win Tikka for an elk hunting trip to Colorado this coming season:
View attachment 341714
It will be my first western hunting trip, but I've been deer hunting in MN and WI and shooting PRS style competitions out to 1k so I'm at least a decent if not amazing shot. I want the scope to enable a harvest out to 600 yds.

I'm set on:
- 3-18ish mag range
- FFP, mil
- locking elevation turret
- not super heavy. I'd live with up to 32 oz, but would prefer <28 oz (1.75 lbs)
- $1k or less preferred, but I could swing up to $1250 (and can get a Tenmile or LHT for that due to a friend with dealer pricing)
- Will retain a zero well. Forgot this initially as I feel like it should go without saying, but given recent contentious forum posts on the LHT, maybe not? I've read all of that and not sure what to make of it.

I tried to include every decent scope I could find that meets that criteria on the list, but doesn't include an OG LRHS/LRTS as they're so hard to find (esp the 3-12). No, the PST doesn't have locking turrets but wanted it there for reference.

I would check out the Meopta Optika6 line of scopes. I have a Meopta Meopro 20-60×80 Spotting scope, it's amazing. Although I don't own any of their rifle scopes, the Optika6 will be my next purchase.

Waste my time getting into a back forth with someone over a difference of opinion is a waste of my time. Opinion's are like 2-spots, we've all got 1😉

All my customs are topped with Nightforce Optics…got a Beast, couple NXS's, couple NX8's & a cheap SHV! 🤷‍♂️

For the OP, based on his list of options…the Razor LHT is the best in my opinion based off of my experience with those particular optics. 👌

Have a blessed evening Good Sir, maybe you can get into a pee'in match with your boyfriends…not gonna happen with me partna 😘

I see that my way of asking for more info could be taken as an affront or an invite to a back and forth. For that I apologize.

I participate in these types of forums to learn what people like and have learned about certain equipment and to pass along information I've learned or gained through experience. As such, when a guy makes a blanket statement, as in product XYZ is the best, I instinctively want to know by what metrics that determination has been made.

As far as boyfriends . . . That's quite the accusation from a guy who uses so many emojis - Just saying.

$649 at B&H

Thanks for the heads up on the Meoptas.

Good luck with your rig and your elk hunt. I can't imagine that you'll be displeased with the functionality of the LRHSi.