Lightweight Elk Scope

Always a fan of Leupold optics and have numerous VX5/6HD scopes on various rifles: I don't think you can go wrong with them.

Looking for a new scope for my 300prc. Between my son and I, we have 4 hunts in AZ, UT, and NV. I have a nx8 4-32 but my son is having a hard time with the eyebox (so do I). Looking at the atacr 4-16 but don't like that it's heavy. Eyeballing the Swaro z5i, the Leupold vx6hd, and some others. I know you are limited with tracking the Swaro but I don't think either of us will be shooting past 600-700yds. I
Do your pocket and your sons eyes a big favor....Arken! You won't go wrong!

Any of the march scopes that are around 22 oz, would look at the compact. If you don't plan on dialing, swaro z5i (at 17 oz). Leica amplus for phenomenal glass at a low price point (around 24 oz), or the leica magnus if you want the best hunting scope ever made (but its expensive, and 27 oz, and hard to find in America). The meopta R2 is good as well, and fairly light.

I can't recommend leupold anymore. And a lot of people on here pushing the Tangents, but they aren't worth the cost premium over other comparable scopes. TT315 is an awesome scope, but the leica magnus is better and costs about 800-1k less.

For your purposes, get an illuminated z5 swaro with a BRH reticle, set it and forget. It will weigh the least by far, and be very good glass.

Looking for a new scope for my 300prc. Between my son and I, we have 4 hunts in AZ, UT, and NV. I have a nx8 4-32 but my son is having a hard time with the eyebox (so do I). Looking at the atacr 4-16 but don't like that it's heavy. Eyeballing the Swaro z5i, the Leupold vx6hd, and some others. I know you are limited with tracking the Swaro but I don't think either of us will be shooting past 600-700yds. I don't care about price. Opinions please?
Swarovski and don't look back fabulous scopes and light. Check out Leica as well, I've got an Amplus 6 3-18 that I didn't know if I'd like till I mounted it and actually played with it. Tracking was absolute and the definition of yellow jackets and hornets at 105 yards on my target was stunning. Yea I could tell the difference between them.

As you get older, everything gets heavier! Every ounce adds up to pounds and Leupold scopes are the lightest out there. Depending on your age, you might consider a lighter scope than the new 30mm scopes. -- Also, you mentioned you probably wouldn't shoot past 600 yards! Believe me, you'd better shoot at targets at that range before you ever gut shoot an animal because you didn't shoot at that range before the hunt! Just because a load or bullet is accurate at 100 yeards doesn't mean it's still stable at 300 yards much less than at 400 or 600! Often your accurate 100 yard load that's giving you 1 minute of angle that you expect to be a 6 inch group at 600 yards will instead be 15/20 inches at 600 yards instead!

Let us make this easier for ya......

and if not that then this......

and if needed.......

and you good to go if you have a good wife.....if not then you will need this......

Good luck!!!

Let us make this easier for ya......

and if not that then this......

and if needed.......

and you good to go if you have a good wife.....if not then you will need this......

Good luck!!!
Look up 2 posts!

As you get older, everything gets heavier! Every ounce adds up to pounds and Leupold scopes are the lightest out there. Depending on your age, you might consider a lighter scope than the new 30mm scopes. -- Also, you mentioned you probably wouldn't shoot past 600 yards! Believe me, you'd better shoot at targets at that range before you ever gut shoot an animal because you didn't shoot at that range before the hunt! Just because a load or bullet is accurate at 100 yeards doesn't mean it's still stable at 300 yards much less than at 400 or 600! Often your accurate 100 yard load that's giving you 1 minute of angle that you expect to be a 6 inch group at 600 yards will instead be 15/20 inches at 600 yards instead!
Not a huge leupold guy, but I can't deny they are about as lightweight as a scope can be.

Recent Posts