Father-in-law's rifle build thread

Thank you, I appreciate it. That will be coming, but on a different site that I have mostly migrated to. I had to finish this story out though, for closure if nothing else.

After season, I will document my findings in my bullet guide section here.

I hate leaving stories untold though, especially if I started them. I'll still finish threads I started here, but new content for me will be over there. Again, thank you.
Awesome. I'll wait for it. I've been following your Apex reloading thread over on LRO.

Thank you, I appreciate it. That will be coming, but on a different site that I have mostly migrated to. I had to finish this story out though, for closure if nothing else.

After season, I will document my findings in my bullet guide section here.

I hate leaving stories untold though, especially if I started them. I'll still finish threads I started here, but new content for me will be over there. Again, thank you.
I tell ya Cody my allergies kicked in reading the happy outcome. I'll be looking forward to seeing your report at LRO.

Got the supressor for his rifle finally, and made it even better. Still works great, he dropped this big cow with one shot at 690 using the 147 apex!

20231226_151050.jpg

Well.....it finally came around full circle.

This weekend, we went back to where Dave had his crash, to try to finish what we started. We all hiked in over 6 miles, and I showed my family where Dave crashed. We spent three days looking for mulies. Gorgeous country, saw a few bucks, but nothing worth packing out that far, mostly smaller bucks. Hiked out, and on the drive out, we glassed up a nice 4x4 on an open hillside, and I got Dave set up. He made a 528 yard shot on this beautiful buck, while resting the front of his rifle on an ant infested tree stump (he has the swollen bite marks to show for it!), and the rear on a tripod head, on a extremely steep hillside. Here are some of the trip ms highlight photos -

This is the cliff Dave took his horse off -
View attachment 495036

The family on the hike in -
View attachment 495037

Dave's deer!
View attachment 495038View attachment 495039

An absolutely unbelievable closure to an emotional and challenging hunt that began last October, all from a single rifle build. I am so thankful for this, it means so much more than just a beautiful animal, and the best meat God creates for the family. Thank you everyone for following along this crazy story. It has been incredible for us, I know that.
Great story about a great family adventure, glad that everyone is healed up and got a great buck. Sounds like quite a family you have there.

Pretty awesome story. How are you all liking the EPL4?
I put one on my 280AI for a Western hunt this past Oct. It crapped out on me in the last days before the trip. The Parallax knob would turn over and over, with no stop. Initially it was an issue where every shot, my view went fuzzy and I had to turn the knob forward and back to be able to see my target. I emailed Arken when it started happening and they cheekily said I only needed 1 shot, so no issue. I took it and a backup scope just in case. I only took my zero verification shots so it was not an issue and they have since issued an RMA and I have a new one in my possession. I like the build, fit, finish and features and weight of the scope. I hope this new one stays true.