Fair price for reloading?

I have been reloading for a couple buddies that recently had custom rifles built. They are paying for all of the components themselves and I basically just have my time in it. I also will take the rifles out and shoot them when doing load development. I'm not trying to make a bunch of money off them but they have insisted on paying and I would like to know if anyone has done something similar and what you charged/how you came up with your price. Appreciate any insight
I have been reloading for a couple buddies that recently had custom rifles built. They are paying for all of the components themselves and I basically just have my time in it. I also will take the rifles out and shoot them when doing load development. I'm not trying to make a bunch of money off them but they have insisted on paying and I would like to know if anyone has done something similar and what you charged/how you came up with your price. Appreciate any insight.
Personally when helping friends my policy was to trade labor and for the most part it has worked pretty good

I have been reloading for a couple buddies that recently had custom rifles built. They are paying for all of the components themselves and I basically just have my time in it. I also will take the rifles out and shoot them when doing load development. I'm not trying to make a bunch of money off them but they have insisted on paying and I would like to know if anyone has done something similar and what you charged/how you came up with your price. Appreciate any insight.
Beers is my currency and ensure you keep good records of exactly what you did! In case there's ever an issue down the track, you never know.

If you are manufacturing (reloading is "manufacturing") ammunition for sale (taking money is "selling"), you are required to have a 06 FFL. If it's something you are doing low scale for friends, most likely not a legal issue, even though technically a Federal violation. If something goes wrong, even if not caused by your ammo, the lack of license could become an issue, as well as huge liability issues.
Taking a risk that has very little "upside" when facts go well and has enormous life, health and/or financial "downsides" when facts do not go correctly (for whatever the reason) makes no sense to me. And it's true that friends or their families will turn on the "reloader/manufacturer" quicker than a snake bite. Ask a judge or litigation attorney if you do not believe me. For those who choose to take the financial and legal risks, understand now that you made that choice entirely on your own.

No longer holding an 06 FFL, nor having insurance, the only time I reload for anyone else, is when they are doing most of the work, and I'm making a video of them doing it. Your friends may not be inclined to sue you, but their wives/widows sure will! And ANYTHING that goes wrong, when shooting reloads, IT'S THE RELOADS. (Just try getting any warranty covered by any manufacturer, when reloads were involved.)

I used to do this for customers and charged them a flat rate per 100 rounds, load development and sighting in were an extra cost.
It's been several years now since I did this for anyone but friends. For my mates, I do not charge them a penny for my time. If they supply the components then I do it when I'm doing my own stuff.
I have supplied brass and bullets before, but with the way things are now, they have to supply everything, even dies if I do not have them.

Cheers.
👍

OP, listen to these folks. Do not reload for anyone. It is illegal. You could be jailed or sued. Be a real friend and teach the guy to load on your equipment. Then after bitten by the bug, help him pick out his own equipment. Be a mentor and a friend, and you will make lifelong friends doing this. There are enough enemies in this world already.

I offer reloading service to fellow Gun club members and friends. However in Canada it's against the law to sell ammunition without a license. So.. I have the member buy all the components. I do all the load development including LabRadar and long range proving. I charge a flat rate of $100 and they get all the data. And every bullet made after that is and Hourly rate of $20/hr. I also offer an option of doing the load development and I box of ammunition for $50 without the data other then the bullets velocity. Same hourly rate thereafter. Again I'm only charging for the service. The ammo is free ; I just confirm that they can possess ammunition. (called a PAL (possession acquisition license)). I've never had anyone complain at my rates as they know how much effort goes into ensuring they have the most accurate load with the materials provided. This is very important to tell folks up front. There's no guarantee their components will be the best. Most of the time it's very capable of Bang Flop if the shooter is doing their part.